Another "Blue Gauges" literally...

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
I put my cluster back in yesterday after sending it to Scott at BlueGauges. I sent it out last Tuesday and he contacted me on Sunday, what I wanted based on the website pics had changed without his knowledge. He offered to put it back to stock and return it no charge. I explained why I wanted the change (vision problems at night with high contrast items). We decided it might still work. He shipped it back to me. We had agreed if it wasn't right we'd try again till it was. This guy is mega easy to deal with and wants his customers to be happy. I have not not riden it at night but in the garage with the dimmer function it will work for me.

I was not expecting the extra wiring or the control pad either but everything fit under the dash anyway. I mounted the dimmer switch up on top to try and keep it out of the weather (it doesn't look weather proof). The dial controls the brightness like in a car and the switch appears to shift the color to a greener tint, I like the blue setting better. I had the backlights changes on the LED screens to blue (they don't dim, just the gauges) and opted for the bright red needles. I had the faces changed to blue and grey (less contrast, easier with my vision problem, my right eye was punctured a few years back, it will never be right...) they were supposed to light up blue at night but don't they go black. Scott was not aware they faces had changed since his last "blue" install (not very popular I guess) and contacted me, he offered to put it back or change it if I wanted. I kept it the way it was.

The product is thumbs up and turn around time was fine for me. It cost me $175 plus my shipping to him. Too bad we think about a "Group Buy" the day I get mine back...

I have the accumen in blue and my GPS on there. The top plate is up via the tallest Reapers and the front is dropped about an inch. The screen is a ZG light smoke DB, I also installed HID 8000K while it was apart.

gauges_001.jpg

Hey DNG,

I have been working on the group buy with KS, so far it looks like it's generating a lot of interest... Maybe if we have a shid load of members sign on for the deal, there can be sometihng worked out with Scott so that the few other members that bought recently don't feel like they got left out in the cold
wink.gif

Think I will be doing this mod this winter also. Looks great!

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137945943 -->

ID LIKE TO DO ASWELL........... BUT I CANT SEE THE MAN SHIPPING OVER SEA,S.............
sad.gif
sad.gif

sad.gif

Sweet. I've had mine a month. A group buy would have been nice, but I'm not asking Scott for anything back. The gauges look awesome.

Looks good and it was cool of the huy to work with you like that...
I have a Q. why the yellow bulb for the high beam??? What does it do for the busas lighting???

I'm for anything that makes me more noticeable to cagers... That is why I did it.

Back