Another bites the dust!!!!

PUNN1025

Registered
So I went for a cruise into the city last night (Chicago) and I was talking to a friend who also is a busa owner and he told me about a mutual friend who had brought the exact same bike as me (06 wine colored busa) probally a week apart.
This friend of ours had his bike at work (marshall fields warehouse on Diversey and Pulaski) which is a fenced in facility. White van drives in picked up his bike and gone with the wind!!! There still reviewing and investigating the tapes, but thats not the worst part of it. NO INSURANCE!!!
WTF, how could you have a busa in the city with no insurance!!

wow.gif
Ouch! How can you have a busa w/ no insurance period!?

Then the debate over having LO_JACK came up. I personally wont waste my money. Rather invest it in my State Farm policy. Once its gone I don't want to see it back unless I can get it back within minutes. Alot can be done to a bike within a few hours

Sounds odd, a fenced in facility with cameras and the van drives right in and sweeps a 500 lb bike with no witnesses
rock.gif

A chain would have atleast helped in that situation. Sorry to hear the news.
sad.gif

lol!

Sorry... it's funny to me! But if it was an org member with insurance I wouldn't be laughing...

This friend of ours had his bike at work (marshall fields warehouse on Diversey and Pulaski) which is a fenced in facility. White van drives in picked up his bike and gone with the wind!!! There still reviewing and investigating the tapes,
Again, fenced in and taped facility and a van drives right in and out. Looks like an inside job.

Man, it's just crazy NOT to have insurance. Looking at the big picture, it's not much money.........

Unbelievable; sorry to hear that about your friend. But how do you take a new bike out of a dealership without insurance? Don't they need proof?

11,000 .00 Bike Plus no insurance ( Just Stupid ) Equals no bike ,. Sounds to me like he didnt deserve to have a bike in the first place . Not to be an arse but if he is riding on the street with no insurance The best thing could have happened . Now I dont have to worry about him hitting me and not being able to pay for it.Hey look at the bright side the people that stole it should be able to afford insurance they just got a free bike .

By no means am I approving of thefts they should all be shot But for someone to be able to buy or finance a Busa there is no reason why He cant afford insurance . So you have to ask yourself who was committing a crime First ..

Back