Another awesome trackday at Portland International Raceway...

Dr E

Donating Member
Registered
Well I had the opportunity to ride PIR on Monday...what a track and what a great group of riders. This was a PSSR track day and Tom really puts on a great shindig! From the great corner workers to vendors from all over and having food provided by Subway...this was a killer day. Oh and a new Ducati dealer came out and brought little Desmosedici RR (what a sound from that bike!) and yes...he ran it on the track like he stole it!

If you have never had the chance to run this track, find a day and go do it! From where we live it is just under a four hours straight line drive to get to. This track is going to make you work on corner entry, braking and body position on some very intriguing corners. It is primarily a right hand track with one big left that can get you if your tire is not warmed up.

We are so lucky to have as many tracks around us and as many organizations who put on track days. Even in tough times, a lot of folks are scrapping the cash together and just coming out to have a blast and forget about everything except one...the love of riding motorcycles!

Turn9.jpg

Great pic. Do you ride that busa on the street as well? Id like to pick up a track bike, too scared to take my busa out.

Great pic. Do you ride that busa on the street as well? Id like to pick up a track bike, too scared to take my busa out.

Too much money and time on the Busa to run her on a track...twisties yes. I decided to get the 2000 GSXR750 and she is a kick in the shorts to run.

Too much money and time on the Busa to run her on a track...twisties yes. I decided to get the 2000 GSXR750 and she is a kick in the shorts to run.

Is that 750 fuel injected? Sorry for all the questions, ive just been thinking about getting a track bike lately.

Is that 750 fuel injected? Sorry for all the questions, ive just been thinking about getting a track bike lately.

No problem on the questions...ask away! 4 carbs and she pulls like a mule. A friend of mine just picked up a 2002 GSXR750 and she is a screamer to. If you are thinking about it, the 750's are really a nice in between bike. More power then the 600's and able to keep up with the liter bikes on the corners. The liter's will out pull you on the straight aways...but not by much so you can take them by out braking them.

As a cost comparison...I picked mine up for 2400 and my friend just got his for little over 2000. There are lot's of bikes available and race plastics are cheap.

Back