Anodizing vs powder coating

you have to take care of anodized like aluminum polish or it'll spot/stain.

Are you saying Mothers polish is safe to use on anodized wheels ? I was told to just wash and wax em, but would like to be able to clean them a little better, but don't want to ruin the anodized finish.

Are you saying Mothers polish is safe to use on anodized wheels ? I was told to just wash and wax em, but would like to be able to clean them a little better, but don't want to ruin the anodized finish.
should be able to research this on the web..say mothers web site or something along those lines.

Let me know what you find.

hogger...

I would not polish an Anodized finish, Anodizing is a very thin coating and si very thin along lips and edges. Powdercoating is a much thicker process, and a much more durable surface. You can clean hardcoat. Harcoat builds up, so you have to watch tight tolerance faces and bores, as hardcoat builts up to about .001/.0015 per surface, sou you could loose up to .003 in a hole diameter. Anodize is just a surface finish and has no build up.

Mother's will strip a few thin layers and take the color right off. Do not polish anodize'd parts with Mother's ever.
Dont know what it will do to powder coat. But I would bet the same.

Powder coat would match better. Its almost like paint.
Anodize is a honeycomb finish to aluminum with dye in the honeycomb, then usually sealed. A little something on anodizing

<!--EDIT|06BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151474875 -->

Back