Annual Spring Bike Show!

Hesitate

Registered
So guys, since I bought my Busa, I have been getting a ton of people who keep saying they really like my bike. So, we will see just how real it is. On May 17th 2014 my bike will be on display at the House of Harley- Davidson in Greenfield, WI. On 62nd and Layton ave.
If anyone wishes to come hang out while im there, cool! Steve, Lurch, Mockin, any one else. The show is all day, vendors, huge sale, lots of bikes, food, beverages, and music.
I will be there at 9am and all day. Show starts at 10am, awards at 6pm. And party goes till 11-12am.
Cmon guys show a brother some support.

Post a picture of your bike so we know which one is it,but you do know that you're on the wrong house right?:laugh:

I know its at the House of HD, but its a show for all makes and models. its a kick off to Spring! There are many shows coming this year at the other dealerships, SportLand 2, Action Powersports, Don and Roys, ect. But House of HD is the first one of the year. And as far as pics, here are a couple!:please:

my busa.jpg

busa2.jpg

busa3.jpg

I been at the house of Harley show before, from what I seen on previous shows our bikes don't get much love there.:down:

I have been there every year for the past 7 years. My brothers Chopper that we built has won Most wild rigid chopper class 5 years in a row. Harley guys do like the Busas and the 14s, cause they are the big bikes. They believe the more responsible riders own the bigger bikes. Its like the HotRod guys liking the WRX guys cause the way they sound. Yes you will have a couple old meanies, but a lot of people are coming around. Oh and Chrome is always something they love to see!:rofl:

Yeppers, you know the old timers will be going, "oh wow, look at all that chrome on that jap bike!" then ask me how much I spent on it all. should I lie and say some outrageous cost or tell them it came with the bike!

Well guys, so far so good. Was out on the bike today, since our wonderful sunny 80° day was today. Myself and a buddy of mine jumped on the bikes, and went for a ride. Well into the trip we stopped at a local restaurant here called COPPS, havent been there in awhile so a Chocolate Malt sounded great to me. While walking back to the bikes with my malt, a big group of Harley guys calls us over and asks " what kind is the silver one?" So I say " its a Suzuki Hayabusa!" One of the old Harley guys jumps to his feet and walk over to my Busa and tells me "wow, this f*!kin thing is really nice, how fast is it?" All the while he looks at the speedo and says "s!it 185, thats nuts!" Then he tells me about the spring bike show at the House, and tells me I should enter it, all of his guys will vote for it! Mind you, they Really like Hayabusas! So I told him Im already signed up and I will see him next Saturday! See Old Harley guys aint bad when you have a Busa, it reads 185 on the speedo, their Harley reads 115. Ha!:rofl:

It doesn't matter what the speedo says, half the Harley riders can't read anyway. :rofl:

Ok guys, so the Bike Show is now 1 week away. Next Saturday, it will be at the House of H-D. So with that I have been getting a few things for the show aspect of the bike. Yes it has a lot of chrome already, but adding more chrome in the right spots is what you want for a show. As much as I am hesitant when it comes to certain parts on Ebay, chrome parts are a toss up. Especially when it isn't that high in price. So, I was ify on the chrome tank pads, the top one was only $13.00, while the two side pads were $16 total. Bought then separate cause if you bought them as a set it was 70-80 bucks, so I looked around and found some separate. Only got them cause for $30 bucks it was worth a shot.
And I will say, two thumbs up! I found a gem in the junk pile! Saved $50 by ordering apart. Check them out what do you guys think? Here are a few pics.

busa4.jpg

busa5.jpg

Well all my Busa Friends, The Annual Spring Bike Show came and with much surprise I had quite a few Harley people looking at My Busa! Even the Owner of the House of Harley-Davidson told me "That's a really nice Hayabusa!" Even to my surprise, I had members of the Outlaws M.C. look at my bike and even they said they actually like it.
So, guys, the Harley guys do respect the bigger bikes, They Respect the Busas! And with that said, My position at the show was perfect. With all my chrome Shinning, they put my bike right next to the Flitz Polish Booth! And here are a few pics of the show!

hoh.jpg

hoh2.jpg

hoh3.jpg

hoh4.jpg

hoh5.jpg

hoh6.jpg

hoh7.jpg

hoh8.jpg

hoh9.jpg

hoh10.jpg

Well you busted me. I was the only sportbike, however, it was a Metric class. Not a Sportbike class. And it was the experience that I was hoping for. I was hoping for more bike entries, but I am happy with the people that I got to know there. I wasn't uncomfortable at all. I was able to smooth talk many of the hard headed old Harley guys, to the point where they actually respect Hayabusas. And even let one guys "old lady" sit on it, she didn't like the way she had to lean over, but her old man loved looking at her booty in the air, and told her he should buy her a sportbike! But it was all fun, and we will see what happens at the Sportland 2 show in June!

Back