Annual Rib Cook off!

fast08busa

Professional Pilot kinda sorta
Registered
So every year me and my family and friends get together the saturday after thanksgiving and have some sort of cook off. Last year it was chicken and this year we are doing ribs. I bought 3 slabs of ribs equaling to about 35 pounds. I have figured out what recipes i am using, this should be a winning year!! If anyone is in or around Phoenix your more than invited!!

Slab #1= Kc rubbed ribs with homemade KC style bbq sauce.

Slab #2= Honey Chipotle rubbed ribs.

Slab #3= Maple glazed Ribs.

The oven and the Grill will be very busy next week:thumbsup:

For making a post like this you are going to have a hefty shipping bill. You must share with all of us. :laugh:

For making a post like this you are going to have a hefty shipping bill. You must share with all of us. :laugh:

Lets just put it this way, ive already bought over $300 worth of just beer. If you can make it to phoenix you are more than invited

:oven and grill??? :poke: what ? no smoker? hasn't anyone tought you the proper way to cook a rib.:rulez:

their hard to roll, and the papers get all stickey with rub, but the only way to do ribs is to smoke them:rulez::laugh::beerchug:

maybe someday i'll have to stop by and show ya how its done:thumbsup::laugh:

The only reason im not smoking it is because my buddy doesn't have a smoker so the rules we have say we have to use the same methods to cook it and he told me i couldn't use the smoker. Trust me, you aint showing me nothing new i aint already done......:poke:

Alrite guys, i decided to experiment a week early on a couple slabs of baby back ribs. Im gonna try the maple glaze and see how it turns out, and snakers, ill post pics just to make you drool a lil bit more hahaha:poke:

Here's some of the best ribs ive ever cooked

First the honey chipotle ribs, second are my KC rubbed ribs with homemade kc style barbeque sauce.

honey chipotle.jpg

kc rub.jpg

okay, thats just cruell!!
i just finished lunch (grilled cheese)- and i think im gonna just blow away in the wind if i dont get me some charred flesh!
they look AWESOME!!:thumbsup:

Let me tell you the honey chipotle ribs were the most amazing, flavorful ribs i think i have ever made. i'll start taking orders anytime :laugh:

Back