Annoying idle issues

too many toys

Registered
My 07 has developed a very annoying idle problem. When I first start the bike all is normal, but after riding for a few miles the bike starts to idle very high at traffic lights. The idle will rise from 1200 to 2200 and stay there. If I rev it hard the idle will drop down but go right back up a few seconds later.

What do I need to do to address this problem?

Are the cables sticking? Maybe lube them.Also check to make sure the linkage at the throttlebodies moves freely.Could be a vacuum leak.

Might be a vacuum leak. I dont think the cables are sticking. When it starts to do it the bikes idle will rise up while Im standing still. And it always goes to the same rpm. Almost like it was programmed to..........

check the hose to the MAP sensor, left side of the airbox.Also check the hose that runs to the pair valves.

Got it. Thanks. Anything else I should look for? Could the map sensor have popped a diaphram? It only does it when fully warmed up. No check engine light though

Map sensors dont go bad too often.I guess heat can kill it.If it was bad it would run real rich if I remember right.It has to be something simple.No sure if the TPS can be adjusted or is out of adjustment.

Do you have a TRE?

Had same problem with my 05, turned out to be the TRE, unpluged it and now it idles normal.

Need to get a smart TRE!

Just for giggles and grins, you do know about the fast idle lever and you are operating it on at cold start and off after a few minutes and warm :poke:

Yes I know about the cold start lever. In fact when the bike idles up the lever does nothing. I do have a tre so I will disconnect that and see what happens.

Thanks guys:beerchug:

Back