And the winner of the stupidest US House District IS....

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
New York/Queens/Harlem for re-electing Charlie Rangel in the Democratic Primary....jeez, you get what you vote for...we need a facepalm smilie...

THE MAN IS A CROOK, REGARDLESS OF PARTY AFFILIATION!

Man do we need term limits bad.

If you are the people you associate with, and he's Obama's biggest fan, says all that needs to be said about Obama. Tells me all I need to know about which side I stand with.

I can't stand crooks either party.

It amazed me that he was voted back in that's for sure. I would like to see the option on ballot cards of no confidence, maybe then we wouldn't have to choose the lesser of two evils.

As far as what it says about Obama or the democratic party, I don't think we should go there. Neither party is innocent of gross misconduct, ethical and moral, or criminal misdeeds. It's not a very good argument.

As far as what it says about Obama or the democratic party, I don't think we should go there. Neither party is innocent of gross misconduct, ethical and moral, or criminal misdeeds. It's not a very good argument.

To an extent, I can agree that there are bad eggs in both parties.

skydivr said:
To an extent, I can agree that there are bad eggs in both parties.

For sure. :). I'm still amazed he got voted back in. I keep shaking my head thinking about it, I Better stop before my customers think this heat is making me crazy.

They're all crooks ya know. 99.99999999 percent of all politicians. We're screwed either way.

+1 on term limits

I think term limits are the key solution to more problems than most people realize.

they just had a recap of the elections on the news here. They had an interview with Rangel and I'm amazed he was voted back in as well. They said it was by a slight margin but you gotta figure after 21 terms, yes 21 terms, a good number of older folks just checked the same old box they have been doing for most of their adult lives. If you are censored on the floor of Congress for ethics violations you would think that's a red flag and folks would pay attention but seems its just a badge of honor for him. Sadly, the Gov. of NY backed him as well. No surprise, this state is as broke as CA and yet you see elected officials all over abusing their offices.

Term limits should be put in, but you will never do it unless you can get enough grass roots stuff done to force an amendment to the Constitution. No way the folks in Congress would vote to essentially kill their careers, since they have made it careers instead of what it was intended to be.

Look at Barney Frank. We know what he is all about, and he still gets voted in every time.

???

There is a problem with term limits. My buddy did an internship last year at the state Capitol here in Colorado. During that time he noticed that when the new folks come in they are automatically guided along by lobbiest who aren't term limited or hardly limited at all. These lobbies sneak in and whisper sweet premises all while showing the fresh politicians around and how the processes work. This creates a culture of corruption. I don't know what the solution is but it needs to be different than what we have now.

Look at Barney Frank. We know what he is all about, and he still gets voted in every time.

Really. Do go on.... what is Barney Frank all about?
ear.gif

There is a problem with term limits. My buddy did an internship last year at the state Capitol here in Colorado. During that time he noticed that when the new folks come in they are automatically guided along by lobbiest who aren't term limited or hardly limited at all. These lobbies sneak in and whisper sweet premises all while showing the fresh politicians around and how the processes work. This creates a culture of corruption. I don't know what the solution is but it needs to be different than what we have now.

true lobbiests are definitely the more evil beings floating around however I believe if they would have to dramatically change their game if there were term limits imposed on folks. The courtship and seeing who's going to play a part in what all gets expedited and makes it harder for lobby folks to target possible partners. I think there's gotta be some way to limit how lobbiests give things to people to, I mean really it cant be *that* hard to track down these all expense paid trips to bora bora :laugh:

I still think term limits (i'd go for 3 terms and that's it) is a good idea. That's long enough to get eductated, but not so long for it to become a lifetime. Rangel is an idiot - no wait, he's smarter than that, hes just a plain old crook; it's the fools that reelected him that are the idiots....

Patty Murray of WA, Nancy Pelosi all run a close second....

zukracer said:
true lobbiests are definitely the more evil beings floating around however I believe if they would have to dramatically change their game if there were term limits imposed on folks. The courtship and seeing who's going to play a part in what all gets expedited and makes it harder for lobby folks to target possible partners. I think there's gotta be some way to limit how lobbiests give things to people to, I mean really it cant be *that* hard to track down these all expense paid trips to bora bora :laugh:

That's a very good point. If you take the power of money from lobbyists maybe you can take some of the influencing power.

I really believe non confidence should be part of the voting. If we as a people think both sides are crooks we should be able to vote that way and push them out of the public life.

D.C reelected Marion Barry mayor after he went to prison for smoking crack with a hooker. All caught on undercover video, no denying it. And best thing is, they reelected him twice!

Blanca Busa said:
D.C reelected Marion Barry mayor after he went to prison for smoking crack with a hooker. All caught on undercover video, no denying it. And best thing is, they reelected him twice!

I had to look this guy up and found this video.

Amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
GPMO, you don't know about Marion Barry? Yes, that's another joke.

I had to look this guy up and found this video.

Barry Doubles Down on "Dirty Asians" - YouTube[/url]

Amazing.

Yes he is! Caught in an undercover sting on video, sent to prison and then reelected?
:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
May be a tad off topic but wanted to share this..... I was at Walmart a few days ago and there was this young couple shopping with their little boy. I was looking at some food item to buy and they were next to me. The young woman speaks up in a loud voice and says to her husband " you know Obama just passed a law that will keep illegal immigrants 16 and under from being deported as long as they don't have a criminal background " she then looked at me with a big smile on her face to see if I had heard her vocalizing her brilliant knowledge of political happenings. I just looked at her in disbelief, shook my head, walked away and thought to my self how scary it is to have people like that voting.

May be a tad off topic but wanted to share this..... I was at Walmart a few days ago and there was this young couple shopping with their little boy. I was looking at some food item to buy and they were next to me. The young woman speaks up in a loud voice and says to her husband " you know Obama just passed a law that will keep illegal immigrants 16 and under from being deported as long as they don't have a criminal background " she then looked at me with a big smile on her face to see if I had heard her vocalizing her brilliant knowledge of political happenings. I just looked at her in disbelief, shook my head, walked away and thought to my self how scary it is to have people like that voting.

The "Obama passed a law" part is where you just want to smack her...

Back