And the Busa Wins…. By default anyway!

sietek

Registered
Here is a link to the first part of my story

And here is the rest

Well initially, I had recently bought a K5 Gixxer 1K, but I was concerned that I was a bit too tall for the bike.  My wife being the wonderful woman that she is, agreed to let me also get an ’05 Busa LE in order to see which bike I liked better.  What a good wife!!!!  
super.gif

bowdown.gif

Anyway, as the story goes, I had actually bought the Gixxer when it was on consignment, from a local dealer.  The bike only had 400 miles on it, and it was in showroom condition.  Literally, you couldn’t tell this bike from a new one sitting right next to it on the showroom floor.  Well this was about 2+ months ago.  

A bit of history….. The way that this dealer handles consignment bikes is that, they do not release ANY funds to the seller, until after the seller gives them a “CLEAN TITLE†for the bike.  Well, after waiting about 30 days for the title to “come inâ€, I started calling the dealer for a status.  They told me that the seller said that he was waiting for the title to come in from Florida.  This went on for the next FOUR WEEKS.  

After I got back into town yesterday, I called them again, and got the same story.  So I called a buddy of mine at the Florida DMV, and had him run the VIN # on the bike.  He said that they had NO RECORD of that bike in the state of Florida.

So I called the dealer and let him know what I had found out.  I then told them that I would be in this afternoon to drop off the bike, and get my money back.  He told me that he would have a check ready for me by lunch time.  He then apologized for my trouble.  I told him not to worry about it.  I guess it helped that I had bought a few other bikes from them in the past.

Well I just got back from the dealer, with check in hand, and the Gixxer is history.  I must admit, I will miss that bike, but seeing as how I had to make a choice between the bikes anyway, this just made it easy.  In effect, I just borrowed a K5 Gixxer 1K for a few months… for free!!!  
jump9.gif

And the Busa is here to stay.... or at least until we see what is in store for the 2007 Busa.
tounge.gif

Not a bad deal.
biggrin.gif

S.

<!--EDIT|sietek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130453329 -->

Whats the local dealers phone no., I would like to buy it rrrr, I mean try it for a few months. LOL

We knew which way you were leanin' anyway!
biggrin.gif
Glad everything worked out for you.

So what, dude never gave them the title? WTF? He had a sale and everyone was happy but you,good on ya, and like you said,you rode the bike a couple of months for free.I bet the dealer is livid.:;):

Back