And teh mystery continues...

Mikey D

Registered
No I haven't done anything to Suzie yet.

No time while living life and I have 2 other vehicles down now and Suzie is 3rd in line.

But...

I rode to the vid store tonight and tried rolling on the throttle.

Results:

In neutral when she's wacked I have the same hesitation at around 6.5K

In gear (usually 1st) when wacked hesitation at the same RPM and will only throttle up to 7.5K

When I rollon the throttle I can ease her up past 7.5 - 8.5K & then she TAKES OFF!!  I can then shift at 10.5K (my racing shift point) or even up to redline and she behaves fine!

As long as I ease her up throught the hesitation range between 6.5K - 8.5K.

WTF?

If it was a fuel pump or clogged filter or sparks she wouldn't get into the high RPM range.

I'm leaning towards the TPS, figurin maybe a flat spot inthe Ohm range.

Wadda ya thingk folks?
                   (aside from me getting off my butt and doing some real tests)

Is there a PC or has the ECU's map ever been touched? It doesn't sound like anything mechanical. Sensors more often than not fail completely, not just a little bit.

It sounds similiar to my fuel pump problem when the filter was clogged.  If I was easy or moderate with the throttle it would climb up to high rpm, but if I whacked it it hesitated and would not get up to high rpms.

TAAss - no mods on the map. The TPS is ususally a potentiometer (variable resistor) that could have a bit of carbon worn off in spots. I too thought of the map but you would think the something like that would trigger an error code.

CharlesB - I surly have not ruled out ANYTHING! I'm even hoping for an easy one like a clogged filter/screen.

Thanks again!

CHANGE YOUR PLUGS BRUDDA
argue.gif

Back