And Suzuki, Needs To Step Up More Now,,

Funny but other manufacturers seem to be getting the point. This Kawi, the Motus bike, the KTM 1290 - all high hp, high torque fun touring bikes. It's too bad they are going to steal a market no body even knew the Busa ruled all by itself.

Just amazing what Kawasaki is producing nowadays , their innovative designs just seem to keep coming . Seems like every other bike manufacturer is pumping out desirable models , except Suzuki , who seem to trickle out a couple at best . Kills me that my favorite all time big bore motorcycle manufacturer is slow to react to the market desires .

Adding this for people that done want to click a link lol.

Screenshot_20171107-160241.png

So disappointing Suzuki can’t stay relevant with any of its bikes. Just updated the 1k and is not better than many other brands.

Suzuki doesn’t need to go forced induction a little more power a new body and get up to date with all electronics. This new h2 doesn’t sound awesome because it has a supercharger the long list of electronics and the look make me want to own one. I’m sure the sticker price will change my mind.

I've been a motocross racer and fan for most of my life and have really liked the Suzuki models, but they have fallen off the pace in that discipline as well. The RM-Z's regularly finish at the bottom of the pack when the new models get tested. Not sure if any of this is indicative of financial woes at the company, but they appear to be tail end Charlie across the board as other companies are moving forward. Still a fan, but it's hard to watch...

Its been over 10 years for Suzuki to make any real updates on there bikes, I have bought 2 Kawasaki bikes in the last 6 years. Suzuki used to make motors for artic cat snowmobile and now they do not. if you want a bike that is just known by name and no technology you would just buy a Harley.

I am confused......

I thought touring was for comfort and horsepower was for racing or testing one's testosterone levels on the street?

Is the new trend doing lap records or 1/4 mile times on a touring bike?

Would love to see someone doing 200mph on that bike, not being able to tuck in all the way behind the screen and the pannier boxes catching some wind on the back of the bike. Sounds like fun?

Maybe I am just getting old, if Kakasaki could just change their name it will also make me feel a bit better.:moon:

That V4 Ducati, mmm, that looks like something more appropriate.

Last edited:
I am confused......

I thought touring was for comfort and horsepower was for racing or testing one's testosterone levels on the street?

Is the new trend doing lap records or 1/4 mile times on a touring bike?

Maybe I am just getting old, if Kakasaki could just change their name it will also make me feel a bit better.:moon:

That V4 Ducati, mmm, that looks like something more appropriate.

Back before we had race replicas (sport bikes for you kids) all bikes did whatever you needed them too. I don't have a problem with that at all and I'm glad that's coming back. Remember the KZ900? Sometimes I just enjoy the ride from point A to point B. Other times I like to get into it a bit. Shouldn't have to switch motorcycles for that! I'm also scratching my head on the Ducati. Isn't a V4 Ducati called an Aprilla?

Back before we had race replicas (sport bikes for you kids) all bikes did whatever you needed them too. I don't have a problem with that at all and I'm glad that's coming back. Remember the KZ900? Sometimes I just enjoy the ride from point A to point B. Other times I like to get into it a bit. Shouldn't have to switch motorcycles for that! I'm also scratching my head on the Ducati. Isn't a V4 Ducati called an Aprilla?

Nope, that configuration is starting to feature nicely in MotoGp and it weighs a whole lot less than an Aprilia

I can never remember how to spell that name, is it "Kakasaki"?

a 60 degree V4 is better than a 90 degree, but I'm sure Ducati will make it work. Weight difference is only 10 lbs or so. Just Ducati's magic was they were the radicals. This bike is basically an Aprillia from a configuration standpoint. Nothing new.

I think I'll take the 1400 CC Connie over this bike. Turbo it if I really feel the need for power. That bike just seems small in size and large in weight. The 2 Up view looks very short trip comfort.

But YEAH Zuki needs to do something soon.

As if the H2 wasn't disappointing enough (barely beating and often loosing to NA liter bikes), now they make a touring model. The H2 is a great looking bike but I'd just turbo a 14 or busa before I spent the extra 10k to own an H2 which might not be able to beat a stock S-1000rr. If you ask me, Kawasaki has to get their act together too. I feel no real need to sell off my 10 year old modded busa and ZX-14 to get the "latest and greatest" anything.

Neither
As if the H2 wasn't disappointing enough (barely beating and often loosing to NA liter bikes), now they make a touring model. The H2 is a great looking bike but I'd just turbo a 14 or busa before I spent the extra 10k to own an H2 which might not be able to beat a stock S-1000rr. If you ask me, Kawasaki has to get their act together too. I feel no real need to sell off my 10 year old modded busa and ZX-14 to get the "latest and greatest" anything.
Suzuki nor Kawasaki have done much with the Busa or the Zx14 for years,
Going to smaller supercharged motors is great place to start, to remove weight and to build power.
As for either company going with a Turbo, or a supercharger, on an larger displacement bike, it is not going to happen. Or i would be really shocked.

It seems to me that the weight of the Turbo or SC would offset the weight savings from reduced engine size. A 4 cylinder, 16 valve liter engine can't be that much lighter than a 4 cylinder, 16 valve 1400 cc engine is it? Seems you would have to look at a 2 or 3 cylinder liter bike to reduce enough weight to offset the turbo. Maybe this is why the H2 is so heavy? Seems like if you make the bike small enough to be under 500 lbs you're going to basically make the power a N/A engine would have made with more cc's. I also wonder if you would have to do some serious upgrading to the bikes engine management system to get a blown engine to be as reliable as car turbos have become.

I just don't get what this bikes niche is supposed to be? It puts out roughly the same HP as a Busa or ZX14, likely less torque and weighs the same (564lbs) as the other two. Reminds me of the old Yamaha 650 Seca Turbo and Honda CX500 Turbo from way back. They had a turbo but weighed as much or more than the big bikes back then and performance was not a strong suit. Not until the Kawi 750 Turbo and to some extent the Honda 650 Turbo came out were the puffers any concern for folks on 1100's back then.

Last edited:
Back