And people ask why? What is so great about that web site.(the Org) Well,read this.

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Here is an' awesome example of why this is the best website on the planet.
A guy joins HOURS ago.Yup,hours. Signs up as a new member...looks around...likes what he see's.
He's eager to learn,eager to help out. Already wants to reach out. He reads a couple threads ,we bounce a few PM's back and forth.
He reads this one...helping out a member.
No hesitation...no questions...just BOOM. Donates $100.oo bucks. These are tuff times my friends...Covid,recession,job loss...you name it.
That's what makes giving hard right now. We have to tighten our belts,dig in for the worst.
This guy is not a millionaire...I know that. These were hard earned dollars. I love this guy.

Bro's...give it up for new member @Brandonhanson :bowdown: WAY COOL GUY.
Rubb.

You sir, have earned the pie award
Brandon...that is a HIGH-LEVEL honor around here. The Sarge is pretty serious about his pie. :thumbsup:
Damn, this early in his membership? That's gotta be a record....
I'm thinkin' that. :bowdown:
So good to have a member of this caliber. Dang wait til he sees the group Christmas party we have.
Tom plays a very tall Kris Kringle. :laugh:

I guess Brandon's son was looking over DaD's shoulder as he was surfing the Org and spotted a pic of me sporting a very cool Hayabusa Carbon-Look backpack.
The pack (a new one) goes in the mail in the morning as a thank you to Brandon & Family from all of us @ The Org.
Rubb.

backpack.jpg

Brandon...that is a HIGH-LEVEL honor around here. The Sarge is pretty serious about his pie. :thumbsup:

I guess Brandon's son was looking over DaD's shoulder as he was surfing the Org and spotted a pic of me sporting a very cool Hayabusa Carbon-Look backpack.
The pack (a new one) goes in the mail in the morning as a thank you to Brandon & Family from all of us @ The Org.
Rubb.

View attachment 1625543
I'll say this for you Rubb. You and Brian @c10 are about the biggest goodwill ambassador's we have here.

Y'all are the catalyst to this place being as much fun as it is technical and a brotherhood.

Even if you are a bit touched in the head. We've grown to love ya. Ya bastid.

Have some fun...help each other out...that's what its about for me.
If I can do something cool or crazy and just one person gets a laugh,cracks a smile..its all good. Especially now with the Covid, and all,some folks are really struggling. That sukks.
If some guy half way around the world is having a Busa prob and one of us can give him the answer he needs...that's gold to me. When that kid above gets his package in the mail from some guy named Rubb...in Canada...that makes me smile. Kids love getting packages.
It's nice to get props an' all Tom...but that's not why I do it. I think I get more fun,happiness and satisfaction out of it than some of the folks I try an' help out.Not saying they are not grateful,because they always say thanks and often pass the good stuff around themselves. Been accused of being an' attention 'hore,this an' that...doing things for brownie points.I really don't care. It matters not. My whole life,I have never really cared what people think of me. I'm lucky that way. I never strived to be popular.
I'm who I am...and I'm good with that. I post stuff most people wouldn't think of sharing on the internet. You know why? Cause I've been there,done that. When a bro sends me a 500 word PM saying you know what man....I had problems with drugs or alcohol too. Or I made bad life choices...etc and we PM...or talk on the phone and they feel like I helped,it's pretty fuggin sweet. Some members sign up,get their Busa answers,never come back. O well. I think they have missed out. If I won big lottery money I'd set up my family,my friends,hit some charities I care about...set myself up just OK...comfortable...and then it would be free turbo kits for all my Bro's.

Most of us have friends and family for love and support,but sometimes its the kindness of strangers that really makes you stop and think...there is some good left in the world. Some of my posts and threads get good reviews...sometimes not. I can't hit a home run every time. But I'll never stop swinging.
Rubb.

Well done to @Brandonhanson good to have someone like this on board.

Unfortunately some of us have been scammed and left with a bad taste many times so are more cautious when it comes to these things. But even though this has happened to me several times, I have yet to experience it by anyone on this site-that says something for the integrity of people who come here.

Well done to @Brandonhanson good to have someone like this on board.

Unfortunately some of us have been scammed and left with a bad taste many times so are more cautious when it comes to these things. But even though this has happened to me several times, I have yet to experience it by anyone on this site-that says something for the integrity of people who come here.
I completly understand where your coming from bumblebee 100% honestly i dont do it often couple bucks here and there sure. Its a gamble when your online you never know but with that being said iv creeped on this group for a long long time and to me it was worth the risk deep down i believe its legit and so i went with it. Its a damn good cause for a man thats nothing short of a hero in my openion.

So good to have a member of this caliber. Dang wait til he sees the group Christmas party we have.
[/QU

Rubb.

View attachment 1625543
Bahahahaha so gettong the father of the year award i swear my boys are more obsessed with busa stuff then i am sometimes. GREAT BIG THANK YOU

Bahahahaha so gettong the father of the year award i swear my boys are more obsessed with busa stuff then i am sometimes. GREAT BIG THANK YOU
Boys As in 2 ? Now ya tell me. Guess I'm off to the post office again. :banghead:
Tracking number on pkg 1...in yer PM box.
Rubb.

It's all good man.
I mentioned earlier in the post about the kindness of strangers, right.
I'm downtown today doing some stuff. Get hungry and pull over in front of this cool Japanese eats joint. Feeding the parking meter outside and a guy comes up to admire the Busa. I will talk Busa's and bikes all day with anybody. The little old ladies are a hoot...:laugh: Anyway talk to this guy for half an' hour answering questions listening to him talk about his "Good Ol' Day's" on bikes. Turns out he's going into the same restaurant for lunch says how 'bout sitting together bullshi7 some more. Cool,I say. He's in town on business with the fam for a couple days...anyway after lunch he says thanks for the chit chat and picks up the check. I'm like nope...he's like yup.:thumbsup:
The kindness of strangers.
Rubb.

It's all good man.
I mentioned earlier in the post about the kindness of strangers, right.
I'm downtown today doing some stuff. Get hungry and pull over in front of this cool Japanese eats joint. Feeding the parking meter outside and a guy comes up to admire the Busa. I will talk Busa's and bikes all day with anybody. The little old ladies are a hoot...:laugh: Anyway talk to this guy for half an' hour answering questions listening to him talk about his "Good Ol' Day's" on bikes. Turns out he's going into the same restaurant for lunch says how 'bout sitting together bullshi7 some more. Cool,I say. He's in town on business with the fam for a couple days...anyway after lunch he says thanks for the chit chat and picks up the check. I'm like nope...he's like yup.:thumbsup:
The kindness of strangers.
Rubb.
Thats awespme the bike community as a whole is awesome. I have noticed down here tho people live looking at busas but hate riding with them lmfao. Only people iv met that ride that wanna ride are these guys on groms(not gonna lie i need one) a couple other guys that are insane lol(stunt boys) and 1 guy who just got a gen one but is currwntly working on it either way i havnt had the oppertunity to talk to bunch of riders in general by all means but the busa definitly gets attention from all walks of life. It sure does feel good when random people tell you how good it looks and all no matter where you are. Best part is when people tell you your ridding there dream bike lol i dont let anyone ride mine personally but when you tell them hope on sit on it get some pics if you want and they get all excited and happy best feeling ever hahaha

Thats awespme the bike community as a whole is awesome. I have noticed down here tho people live looking at busas but hate riding with them lmfao. Only people iv met that ride that wanna ride are these guys on groms(not gonna lie i need one) a couple other guys that are insane lol(stunt boys) and 1 guy who just got a gen one but is currwntly working on it either way i havnt had the oppertunity to talk to bunch of riders in general by all means but the busa definitly gets attention from all walks of life. It sure does feel good when random people tell you how good it looks and all no matter where you are. Best part is when people tell you your ridding there dream bike lol i dont let anyone ride mine personally but when you tell them hope on sit on it get some pics if you want and they get all excited and happy best feeling ever hahaha

I have found over the years the bike community is fading around here, mostly cruisers and old guys or a few Can Am Spyders….

I found one other Hayabusa around here-a copper '99 I ran into the owner at a local coffee shop and he was less than interested in talking about our bikes, even though he lives locally, I have yet to see that bike again.

I was at the gas station and a guy came over who said he lived in Ottawa and had a Busa and I asked him to join us here but have never seen him join...yet....

The best part of it all is the Hayabusa will all it's flaws and shortcomings was my dream bike ever since I sat on the first one at the Toronto bike show in '98. Took me a long time to get one.

@1busa #1...you gotta come back and hang out more brother. Yer a top member and all round great guy. I always look forward to your posts.You just busy with life? Or did something bug you?
Rubb.

View attachment 1625574

Hey Rubb..... it’s nothing personal. Me and you have always been solid :beerchug:

Just that the way things have been going lately with politics, race, etc. I’ve just been avoiding most social media platforms. I’ve had my fill of the toxicity and keyboard warriors. The Busa is dead and not gonna Ben resurrected. The few people I’m still cool with such as yourself I’ll poke my head back in from time to time. Aside from that I have no reason to fall into the race bait political traps that seem to all the rage these days

Hey Rubb..... it’s nothing personal. Me and you have always been solid :beerchug:

Just that the way things have been going lately with politics, race, etc. I’ve just been avoiding most social media platforms. I’ve had my fill of the toxicity and keyboard warriors. The Busa is dead and not gonna Ben resurrected. The few people I’m still cool with such as yourself I’ll poke my head back in from time to time. Aside from that I have no reason to fall into the race bait political traps that seem to all the rage these days
I know what you mean #1. Easy to get sukked in to "all that stuff" that seems to run rampant on a lot of sites these days. For the most part now I just don't bother with that side of things anymore. There is just way to much fun to be had here on the Org without throwing 2 cents into those types of threads. Just a waste of time. I love the tech stuff,helping out when I can and always learning as well. The Org has always been a bit "clicky" sans high school days where the jocks didn't associate with nerds and the nerds didn't hang out with the in-crowd,etc. Personal preference. I look forward to the posts of many and others I just skipped right past like they weren't even there.
If I can help out just one member here and there,even if its non-Busa related...that suits me just fine.
So no more Busa ever ?
Rubb.

Nah I actually rode my Busa last weekend and finally got around to changing the oil. I simply just don’t ride it all that much. Nobody around me really rides sport bikes anymore...... I rode around by myself for years and honestly I’m tired of it. I found a solid group of people who ride Harley’s. They actually make plans and map out trips. Been doing a lot of motocamping. I’ve been riding all over the country far west as Oklahoma and north as Michigan Upper Peninsula. Seeing new places meeting new people that’s my idea of Motorcyle riding. Not riding 20 minutes to the same bike night every week or speeding down the same stretch of highway over and over again......

Back