And now for some Firearms talk............

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
I hope things have changed here, if not, Ill go back to my lurking ways. ???

I have been very very busy, Ill update my Busabuddies on some of the stuff I have been up to, This post is on my .50 BMG Build, YEA BABY,

The upper is BOHICA MARK III .50 BMG, the lower is SMOS. I'm about 75% complete, still need trigger group, pistol grip, Magpul Stock, rings, scope.

BOHICA SITE:

Bohica Arms

SMOS LOWER:

Rifle, Firearms Lower receivers for AR-15 variants and 50 BMG lowers pre-drilled for Bohica Arms Upper Assembly - Stubborn Mule Outdoor Supply, LLC - SMOSArms.com

There was recently an injury(I believe operator error induced) with a BOHICA MARK III, Ill save that info and comment until more info comes to light.

Anyway, hopefully I can stay, and hopefully you enjoy the pics, ask away with any questions you have.

First Pic is my Upper and Lower:thumbsup:

54_Inches.jpg

Now that is really reaching out and touching someone....:laugh:

Id love to get a few shots off of that. Another fun gun to shoot is my thompson contender pistol in the 45/70 cal. A beast. What does a 50 cal run for pricing?

:D I LOVE me a .50 BMG! Wanna shoot one sometime, just to feel the recoil myself...

Id love to get a few shots off of that. Another fun gun to shoot is my thompson contender pistol in the 45/70 cal. A beast. What does a 50 cal run for pricing?

By the time you are ready to pull the trigger, $2500.00 to $3000.00 minimum on a .50 BMG parts gun, that is dirt cheap when talking .50 BMG

Last edited:
I would imagine reloading would be your best option. Youll spend more in ammo in a year than the guns costs.

"I'll be interested in hearing more about this injury once you are ready to post..."

This was actually a .50 DTC, California Legal BOHICA:

QUOTE FROM WITNESS:
I didn’t take pictures of the shooter out of respect for their privacy.. but his hands/arms were injured pretty badly. He was obviously in tremendous pain as he and his buddies waited quite a while for paramedics. Are paramedics/EMTs supposed to take their sweet time when walking onsite? Anyhow.. I was told that the shooter(s) often times used a hammer to close the bolt. Feel sorry for the pain and damage the shooter had to endure.. but that’s the potential consequence of improper reloading and firearm use.

QUOTE FROM FATHER OF INJURED SHOOTER:
"I want to thank all of the well wishers and supporters of my son's recovery for his very unfortunate accident at Angeles gun range last Sunday. We're thankful that no one else got hurt and that I was able to visit him in the hospital today and not spent it making funeral arrangements instead.

Sunday a surgeon spent 2.5 hrs working to do hopefully the best work available to repair the damage. My Son, according to the surgeon had four broken bones and some ligament damage to his left hand, the one he was holding the gun with just in front of the chamber. If you notice the hole on the side of the I believe chamber is a vent, that's where he received a good amount of schrapnel that broke his hand. The bolt lever was being pushed by his right hand/palm forward when the bullet discharged before the lever was locked into place. The result was a severe laceration to his palm but not as devastating as the damage to the left hand.

No hammers, no channel locks, no tools except the hands this young man uses to make a living were used to attempt to close the action of this gun were used.

I met him with his mother and our daughter, his sister in recovery after his surgery he was quite depressed but glad no one else was hurt. His account of the event was the same Sunday night as the sedation wore off as on Monday evening when I visited him. No hammers, no channel locks, no tools no hang fire only hands.

We don't know what exactly caused this unfortunate event to happen. I've been in contact with the mfg. on Monday and he seems quite concerned as I would be if I was producing an item like this. We will try to work together and determine what caused this event.

As far as some of the speculators some of you might want to stay out of the stock market. And I noticed some have a bad case of diarrhea of the mouth and the other end also. If any of those (and you guys no who you are) posters go for your colonoscpy, inform your MD. you've got another set of vocal cords in your rectums so as not to be surprised when he sees them.

I'm a 1100 hour power pilot and a 1100 hour sailplane pilot currant in both (and I own one of each), no way do I want somebody at my memorial saying he died doing what he loved doing. I'm prone to mistakes just like the next guy, I just don't want to leave a black mark for other people to have to clean up. I'm sure for the majority of you guys you would want the same for what you love to do.

The next time I (if I do) post will to be to give answers to why this event happened if there are any. "

Link to discussion of incident:

Primal Rights • View topic - BOHICA KB.

Out of Battery is an ugly thing on a .50 cal........................I did not attach the pic of the blood stained ground.

50BMG-KB-2.jpg

50BMG-KB-3.jpg

bolt-comparison.jpg

hammer_pin.jpg

image3xx.jpg

img0047gi.jpg

IMG_0049a.jpg

Last edited:
Back