And CA is going to release 40% of its inmates

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Well maybe not purely political but CA has been ordered to release 40% of its inmate population..

Ironic is that the very liberals that were screaming how bad the conditions were are now fighting like hell to stop the release.. (going to supreme court to stop the order).. The original cry for "humane punishment" was a sucker punch for the court ruling that is going to open the doors..

Gotta love California and their voting base.. "we in our infinite wisdom think every squirrel should have his own tree to hug" and with a $42B deficit, they are now going to open the doors to their jails... classic..

What was that Kurt Russel film where CA was a prison state? :rofl:

Criminal Justice System is a joke anyway. It's hard to get to prison now-a-days. A local murderer spent three years behind bars ...

Unleashed on a state which would like to render it's citizens defenseless against said criminals.

--Wag--

yea I rmember hearing about this. 40% is a huge number. They'll have to increase their levels of law enforcement and increase the amount of people in the judicial system too to help keep up with things.

Liberal pinheads at there best huh?

We carry guns here in Arizona. No mercy either.

Glad I have my CWP and a gun in every car, motorcycle and room of the house. Safety is off too!

Bang! You're dead!

r8

I am thinking this could open the door to a hotly debated issue..

Legalizing MJ..... they have a crap load of "petty" dealers and with the Phelps thing raging (see what they are trying to do to a guy for a bong hit, insane)..

Well maybe not purely political but CA has been ordered to release 40% of its inmate population..

Ironic is that the very liberals that were screaming how bad the conditions were are now fighting like hell to stop the release.. (going to supreme court to stop the order).. The original cry for "humane punishment" was a sucker punch for the court ruling that is going to open the doors..

Gotta love California and their voting base.. "we in our infinite wisdom think every squirrel should have his own tree to hug" and with a $42B deficit, they are now going to open the doors to their jails... classic..

What was that Kurt Russel film where CA was a prison state? :rofl:
u referring to "Escape from New York" pt2???

or did he make ANOTHER suk-azz flick about post-apocalyptic US where he's some wana-be badazz out to save the world...with his trusty Pit Bull sidekick to make him look extra tough:poke:

u referring to "Escape from New York" pt2???

or did he make ANOTHER suk-azz flick about post-apocalyptic US where he's some wana-be badazz out to save the world...with his trusty Pit Bull sidekick to make him look extra tough:poke:
yep, there were 2 of them.. one was NY, the other was LA (I think it was actually the entire state of CA ..)

Oh Great. The liberal pinheads here won't let anyone but defense attorneys and judges get CCWs and now they're unleashing the criminals on us, the citizens. Great.

I really do not like living in this state. Too bad I love my job so much and I'm so upside down on my house.

Is the release for prisoners that have done a majority of their time and/or for people doing hard time for minor drug convictions like a couple of ounces of weed? If so makes sense to me seeing how it cost x amount of dollars to house a prisoner in a state that is in serious financial trouble. Now if they only legalized weed they could save the millions they spend a year in fighting it and pick up more revenue by taxing the users and everybody wins, now that's what I call stimulus :laugh:

Is the release for prisoners that have done a majority of their time and/or for people doing hard time for minor drug convictions like a couple of ounces of weed? If so makes sense to me seeing how it cost x amount of dollars to house a prisoner in a state that is in serious financial trouble. Now if they only legalized weed they could save the millions they spend a year in fighting it and pick up more revenue by taxing the users and everybody wins, now that's what I call stimulus :laugh:
see post 6

When you use a statistic like 40% people panic, but reality is 90% of people in prison in CA are getting out eventually, so this is early release of the same people, which frankly is probably SAFER in the general scheme.

PRISON in CA does nothing but MAKE better CRIMINALS. There is NO SUCH THIS as REHABILITATION in our current system.

A MAJOR majority of this 40% are people that probably should be in prison in the first place, low level drug offenses.

If we can actually have this go all the way through I think it will tremendously help to correct the huge budget issues facing the state.

I can't wait to see the legal mess for who gets to get out and who stays and all the aftermath.

The biggest problem with Marijuana and other drugs is that most of the users can not and will not hold a regular job. They still have their addiction though and have to find a way to satisfy that addiction. How do they do this?

Well they go out and steal from other people.

I work a ton of burglaries, more so than any other types of crime. The one thing that nearly everyone has in common is that they are out doing these burglaries so they have something to sell or trade for their drugs. Around here it is usually either for weed or crack. Who do they steal from? More times than not, and what has become common in my area is they find people who work, they are the ones that own nice things and they are the ones that are gone from their homes for 8 hours a day. They watch the homes and find out when the people are gone to work then go break in and clean them out, usually during the daytime hours.

What happens a lot of times is we will know who did a burglary but not be able to provide enough proof to get a conviction for the burglary. What we do end up getting is convictions for minor drug useage when we catch them in possession. So although they may get sent off for a couple years on a minor drug charge, we are in effect taking burglars and thieves off the streets. These who get prison time for minor drug offenses are not first time offenders as we never get more than probation of supervision for about the first 6 - 8 convictions. The ones we send up on minor drug charges are people who have proven time and time again they have no intention of changing their ways. The only life they know is to steal and thieve and get more drugs.

Call BS, dispute it, argue, do as you wish. You won't change my opinion on it because I'm the guy working the cases, doing the interviews, hearing the methods from those that decide to talk, and sending them off to prison. I see it daily. Yes there are a few exceptions but those are exceptions and are far from the norm.

You can legalize anything you want, fact of the matter is there will still be people addicted to it and they will still have to find a way to pay for it. When they don't work they will resort to committing other crimes to fund it.

When you use a statistic like 40% people panic, but reality is 90% of people in prison in CA are getting out eventually, so this is early release of the same people, which frankly is probably SAFER in the general scheme.

PRISON in CA does nothing but MAKE better CRIMINALS. There is NO SUCH THIS as REHABILITATION in our current system.

A MAJOR majority of this 40% are people that probably should be in prison in the first place, low level drug offenses.

If we can actually have this go all the way through I think it will tremendously help to correct the huge budget issues facing the state.

I can't wait to see the legal mess for who gets to get out and who stays and all the aftermath.
not to bash but this is absolutely short sighted reasoning... repeat offenders make up about 90% of the prison population.. this group of less than law abiding inmates are going to be back.. now what? kick out others? just do not incarcerate? awww I am at a loss here...

Back