Anaconda

Projekt

Registered
Any of you gun totin riders have experience with ANACONDA arms?
Ice Cube's recent CD has him brandishing a big'ol revolver that looks like a .44 or higher caliber. Nickel plated polished and looking sweet with the hollow points n'all.
Anybody know this kinda heat?

(Projekt @ Oct. 02 2006,22:05) Any of you gun totin riders have experience with ANACONDA arms?
Ice Cube's recent CD has him brandishing a big'ol revolver that looks like a .44 or higher caliber. Nickel plated polished and looking sweet with the hollow points n'all.
Anybody know this kinda heat?
Only Anaconda I know of is the Colt Anaconda revolver. If I remember correctly, it's no longer made. Could be wrong though.

Not really the kind of firearm you carry for defense though unless all you care about is looks over function. More of a weapon you'd maybe take hunting as a main gun or even a sidearm...but concealed carry? Too heavy, too large. Even with a shoulder holster you'd find it getting cumbersome. Just not a weapon I'd chose for a concealed piece. Remember the point is to defend yourself, not to look cool.

i am with bigmanz the only one i know of is colts anaconda 44 magnum. my friend has one of those 8 inch barrel stainless steel good shooting gun. bigmanz is right they do not make them anymore.

to big for personal carry. i have a taurs PT111 compact and light

I thought they made it in a .45 also, I held one once long ago and liked it a lot since I have huge paws it fit nicely in my hand.

Colt made Anconda in .44 magnum and Python in .357 magnum.
I'm not sure I'd use .380 for self defense these days, I'd probably go to at least
a 9 mm. My personal choice is .40 S&W.

A .380 will suffice if you can put rounds in strategic places... Like the knee caps... Or shoulder

(Projekt @ Oct. 03 2006,08:22) I am looking at a Walther .380...
take a glance at the Glock 27...more stopping power, more rounds in the mag, and just as concealable
guns.gif

(motorkar @ Oct. 03 2006,11:22) Colt made Anconda in .44 magnum and Python in .357 magnum.
I'm not sure I'd use .380 for self defense these days, I'd probably go to at least
a 9 mm.  My personal choice is .40 S&W.
im with you, i love to rock my .40 ruger. nice shooting and very civilized, also deadly, but thats the point right.

If you shoot, you shoot to kill and more importantly...you shoot to live. If your aiming knee caps etc...been watching to much TV.

I wouldn't mess with anything less than 9mm +P round for defense.

.380 is very weak.

Bullets have a tendency to bounce when you don't want them to where you don't want them to, you shoot you bury the round center mass.

Well let me rephraise this a bit.

First of all, some people get all hung up on caliber and the number 1 determing factor on stopping power is shot placement. Someone accurate as hell with a 22 is more dangerous than someone with a .45 acp that can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Secondly, people tend to buy these nice fancy large guns only to figure out it's to much of a pain to carry. The .22 in my pocket works better than the .45 I left at home on my nightstand.

However, all things being equal, I'd still opt for 9mm +P cause it does pack quite a bit more punch than the .380 and you don't gain any concealability by going with a .380...as in they make 9's just as small.

Heck, Kahr makes a .45 acp just about as small as say a walther ppk. I bet that's a handful. Ah but that is another issue. Buying a gun that is comfortable to shoot....so you practice with it frequently.

(semicps @ Oct. 04 2006,01:25)
take a glance at the Glock 27...more stopping power, more rounds in the mag, and just as concealable
guns.gif
Excellent piece,I have one.

(nitrousjunkie @ Oct. 03 2006,14:47)
(semicps @ Oct. 04 2006,01:25)
guns.gif
Excellent piece,I have one.
it is on my list for the next one i'm getting...i have the model 22 and love the fact that the mags from it will work in the 27 so i don't have to carry 2 types of extra magazines

Speaking of practice...Gun thread, photo post whore opportunity
smileyexhibit.gif

berettatarget1.jpg

(Justyntym @ Oct. 03 2006,07:45) Well let me rephraise this a bit.

First of all, some people get all hung up on caliber and the number 1 determing factor on stopping power is shot placement. Someone accurate as hell with a 22 is more dangerous than someone with a .45 acp that can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Secondly, people tend to buy these nice fancy large guns only to figure out it's to much of a pain to carry. The .22 in my pocket works better than the .45 I left at home on my nightstand.

However, all things being equal, I'd still opt for 9mm +P cause it does pack quite a bit more punch than the .380 and you don't gain any concealability by going with a .380...as in they make 9's just as small.

Heck, Carr makes a .45 acp just about as small as say a walther ppk. I bet that's a handful. Ah but that is another issue. Buying a gun that is comfortable to shoot....so you practice with it frequently.
I agree, I'd rather have the 9mm over the .380 if I had my choice, but I disagree that I don't gain any concealability by carrying my .380. (At least in the Kel-tec variety which are among the smallest out there). I've got a Kel-tec 9mm as well as a Kel-tec .380 and there is a huge difference in concealability. While the 9 is very small for a 9, it won't fit in my front pocket like the ultra slim .380 can. It's so thin that with any pants other than tighter jeans you can't even make out the print of the gun in the front pocket.

9mm:

www.warrenbrown.com images missing

.380:

www.warrenbrown.com images missing

You got me on the kel-tecs but they're not my cup of tea so I don't normaly think of them (although I've sold a butt load). Had a few go back and if I'm going to trust my life to something it's going to be as close to 100% reliable as possible. (no gun maker is defect free though).

And of course, any gun you buy for self defense fire and fire and fire to be sure. Can't tell you how many times people buy guns and come back in and say they own this or that but never fired it.

Used to part time at a shop for store credit
tounge.gif
then the big D hit and had a few casualties to pay for a lawyer...Divorce caught me by surprise
SHOCKED.gif

Ice Cube's recent CD has him brandishing a big'ol revolver that looks like a .44 or higher caliber

A real positive influence for the 10 year olds in any hood....
guns.gif
all_coholic.gif

Back