an over weight country

It is control. it is the way the government can keep control of us

Keep us fat and lazy so we wont rebel against the government.

Keep us in debt so the government can track our every move

Take away our gun rights so the small minority of people who are not obese and do not have debt and cant be tracked and can fight, wont have the weapons to fight.

"food" for thought
Are you on crack?  
rock.gif

The government is controlling us by keeping us fat? Are you serious?

Please tell me you are not serious...

Dear god you are.
I suppose you have a good argument as to why this is implausible?
lurk.gif

Standing by...

It is a big problem. Everyone is working longer no time to cook
so fast food has replaced nightly dinnertime. Kids get home from
school and sit in front of video games all day until the fast food
arrives. Oh well that's one way to take care of the Social Security
crisis kill em' off early so they can't collect.

Eat less, move more. That simple.

I'm the same size as Projekt. 6'4" and 260 lbs. 42 years old. Gotta get rid of that spare tire.

The only reason the pop. control conspiracy theory doesn't hold any water is because there is no evidence to support the idea. Although, come to think of it, why is it necessary to put sugar products on beef jerkey? Ya got me . . . .

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Take away our gun rights so the small minority of people who are not obese and do not have debt and cant be tracked and can fight, wont have the weapons to fight.

"food" for thought
Are you on crack?
rock.gif

Dear god you are.
Let me ask you 3 questions before I respond.

And be honest

What is your age?

Who do you work for?

What do you do?

I don't really think the government has anything to do with it really. I think its a great deal more simple. It's a free market. I know that fast food places make the food with a lot of fat because it taste good. Plain and simple. They have conditioned the public over the years to like this type of food. Thats a fact. Since we live in an on the go society, fast food is designed to satisfy that need. Ask yourself when the last time your and your family actually sat down and ate dinner together. Im not digging on any one but it goes to the point of an on the go society. I know when I got off pop and fast food, it took a while before anything else tasted decent. It did after a while and now the only time I have pop is if I eat dinner out at a nicer sit down restaurant. Thats it. Our pallet is conditioned over repeated exposure to what ever food we eat and we get accustomed to it. Like anything else its all about choices. Like my choice to smoke for 12 years. Then when I stopped being retarded, I quit smoking. All about choices.
lurk.gif

Eat less, move more.  That simple.

I'm the same size as Projekt.  6'4" and 260 lbs.  42 years old.  Gotta get rid of that spare tire.

The only reason the pop. control conspiracy theory doesn't hold any water is because there is no evidence to support the idea.  Although, come to think of it, why is it necessary to put sugar products on beef jerkey?  Ya got me . . . .

biggrin.gif

--Wag--
What about High Fructose Corn Syrup as a sweetener?

There is absolutely no legit reason to use it in this day and age. It is the result of a government program that inflated the price of imported granulated sugar made from cane many moons ago. Thus, giving corn farmers an incentive to produce more corn to supply the sweetener market that was competitive due to sugar's inflated price. If the government imposed levy/tariff on sugar were to be abolished, corn syrup would fade into oblivion as would the need to produce corn to supply it.

Then, we'd have a more ample supply to produce ethanol fuels.

Ever taken a vacation or served in the military around the world? Happen to drink a Coca-Cola while you were there? Did you look at the ingredients? The sweetener is granulated sugar derived from cane or sugar beets.

Food for thought.

Let me be little more serious.

I think that keeping the country's population in debt is on purpose. it is the easiest way to keep track of people. if you don't think the government wants to keep track of us you need to seriously re-evaluate your position.

I honestly don't think the "governement" is going out of its way to keep us fat. I think it collateral damage from the life style we live. but I think it assists the governement in its end game

I do think the governement is doing everything it can to remove weapons from society.

And to the reference that if I am on crack? no my job wouldnt allow me to do crack
smile.gif

It amazes me that anyone would find this concept so out there. Germany tracked its people and remove guns from its society under Hitler so it could better control its people.

Governments and entities throughout history have used the same techniques, so why would it seem so far out there that the United states would not employee every measure at it disposals to track and control its population? Oh thats right, it is because we are the UNITED STATES lol..

People need to wake up and start reading the writing on the wall.

Ron,
Of course... Just look at the Department of Homeland Security. Look at the National Security Agency. Look at various other domestic reconnaissance offices...

They are looking at this thread right now. It is a fact, due to some very specific terms, phrases and views expressed here. Anyone that does not know this can continue their blinder-wearing existence.

On my last vist to the States, my wife and i thought that there was a lot of disabled people in the Disneyland until we realised that they were just to fat to walk. So its the US Government that makes you guys fat is it, maybe thats true, as your US health care system is so expensive, hence keeping you in debt. Its all about control my friends.
Its different in rip-off britain, the UK Government have now come up with a new plan, if you smoke or drink or are over weight they can refuse you health care (UK health care is free). Then you have to go private, thus getting into debt. What's next, sorry you are too tall, or too short, makes me sick to think that my father and grandfather fought for freedom only to have it taken away by your own Government. Brown and Blair are omnipotent moral busybodies and I hate them, come back Guy Fawkes all is forgiven
rant.gif

On my last vist to the States, my wife and i thought that there was a lot of disabled people in the Disneyland until we realised that they were just to fat to walk. So its the US Government that makes you guys fat is it, maybe thats true, as your US health care system is so expensive, hence keeping you in debt. Its all about control my friends.
Its different in rip-off britain, the UK Government have now come up with a new plan, if you smoke or drink or are over weight they can refuse you health care (UK health care is free). Then you have to go private, thus getting into debt. What's next, sorry you are too tall, or too short, makes me sick to think that my father and grandfather fought for freedom only to have it taken away by your own Government. Brown and Blair are omnipotent moral busybodies and I hate them, come back Guy Fawkes all is forgiven
rant.gif
Let's have a Guy Fawkes "awareness" day in all of the Commonwealth and former colonies. That ought to be interesting.

I lived in England for a few years in a past life and remember how bloody expensive everything is there. Hell, I even took a part-time job at a chicken factory. So, I got to mingle with the locals, permanent staff and temporary student alike. It went beyond what I would experience at the pub and disco.

Your car insurance industry is a bloody rip-off if you ask me mate. To charge for non-factory spec tyres is ridiculous.
Also, the old school tax assessments based on whether you have a hose pipe fitted outdoors or how many windows you have is insane. Loved the tea and cod-n-chips though.

"food" for thought
Are you on crack?  
rock.gif

Dear god you are.
I suppose you have a good argument as to why this is implausible?
lurk.gif

Standing by...
Simple, to what end would getting us fat do? A fat person can still vote, can still shoot a gun, can still think for themselves, and still has freedoms. To think that because somebody is fat that suddenly they are nothing more then a sheep in a herd is the most lame brained thing somebody could come up with.

If the government wanted to control you, it's going to do a media blitz that turns you against yourself and generally makes you feel like you are the bad guy (Look at Australia and the gun owners) then when that happens you'll more then happily vote for laws that limit your freedoms (Once again look at Australia). That is how a government controls people, not by shoving food into their face.

Eat less, move more.  That simple.

I'm the same size as Projekt.  6'4" and 260 lbs.  42 years old.  Gotta get rid of that spare tire.

The only reason the pop. control conspiracy theory doesn't hold any water is because there is no evidence to support the idea.  Although, come to think of it, why is it necessary to put sugar products on beef jerkey?  Ya got me . . . .

biggrin.gif

--Wag--
What about High Fructose Corn Syrup as a sweetener?

There is absolutely no legit reason to use it in this day and age. It is the result of a government program that inflated the price of imported granulated sugar made from cane many moons ago. Thus, giving corn farmers an incentive to produce more corn to supply the sweetener market that was competitive due to sugar's inflated price. If the government imposed levy/tariff on sugar were to be abolished, corn syrup would fade into oblivion as would the need to produce corn to supply it.

Then, we'd have a more ample supply to produce ethanol fuels.

Ever taken a vacation or served in the military around the world? Happen to drink a Coca-Cola while you were there? Did you look at the ingredients? The sweetener is granulated sugar derived from cane or sugar beets.

Food for thought.
Actually here in washington allot of pops are made from sugar beet sweeteners. It just depends whats cheaper where.

As for Corn Syrup being cheap, of course. It's Economics 101. The US Government subsidizes crops, not farmers. If you look at those crops subsidized you'll realize they are nothing more then building blocks to other processed items (Corn, wheat, cotton). These items we then export to other countries and make lots of money on. Sadly the food made from such is some of the most unheathiest things you can eat...and we produce it, so it's cheaper here at home. Twinkie anyone?

Let me be  little more serious.

I think that keeping the country's population in debt is on purpose. it is the easiest way to keep track of people. if you don't think the government wants to keep track of us you need to seriously re-evaluate your position.

I honestly don't think the "governement" is going out of its way to keep us fat. I think it collateral damage from the life style we live. but I think it assists the governement in its end game

I do think the governement is doing everything it can to remove weapons from society.

And to the reference that if I am on crack? no my job wouldnt allow me to do crack
smile.gif

It amazes me that anyone would find this concept so out there. Germany tracked its people and remove guns from its society under Hitler so it could better control its people.

Governments and entities throughout history have used the same techniques, so why would it seem so far out there that the United states would not employee every measure at it disposals to track and control its population? Oh thats right, it is because we are the UNITED STATES lol..

People need to wake up and start reading the writing on the wall.
No I found the idea of a government trying to control it's people by keeping them fat being something only a crackhead could come up with. As for the Government wanting to control people, of course, thats only a given. But at least we have fail safes in place that make that rather dificult to accomplish. Gotta love our country, the world might hate us...but we have all the guns, still.

Now one thing I do have to add though, I feel only a percentage of the government wants to take our guns away. The Gun Lobby simply has too much clout in this country...I think it's safe to say that soon everything is going to be as American and Apple Pie and Firearms. We do have California though...but everybody knows that once the 'Big One' hits, that entire Draconic State will sink into the ocean...so it's all good, God's lookin out for us gun lovers.

Oh and I laugh at people who freak out over the notion that the government is reading our emails or listening into phone calls...first off, anybody who thinks that an email should be private needs to learn alittle more about computers. NEVER have I considered anything I do on my computer to be private, it's just that simple. No matter what you do to protect yourself, if somebody wants to see what you are upto they can. As for phone calls, I can still remember when I was younger I used to unplug the wireless phone we had so only the handset had battery power, then I'd turn it on like I was taking a call...I had at least 8 homes on my block that my handset would pick up calls on but I couldn't talk, only listen. Ever since, I've never considered phones to be private either. Hell, even a basic scanner can pick up such calls. To be honest, I'm all for the Gov reading emails and listening on calls. I feel sorry for the shmuck they stick with the job, but to me it's not a privacy issue because I never considered such private to begin with.

I need to grow a little taller, I'm just a little short for my weight is all
winkold.gif
. Weighed my self today and dayyum
wowold.gif
, amazing how quick th weight creeps up on you, and I jog at least 3or4 times a week. Time to lay off the ice creme.

Oh and I laugh at people who freak out over the notion that the government is reading our emails or listening into phone calls...first off, anybody who thinks that an email should be private needs to learn alittle more about computers. NEVER have I considered anything I do on my computer to be private, it's just that simple. No matter what you do to protect yourself, if somebody wants to see what you are upto they can. As for phone calls, I can still remember when I was younger I used to unplug the wireless phone we had so only the handset had battery power, then I'd turn it on like I was taking a call...I had at least 8 homes on my block that my handset would pick up calls on but I couldn't talk, only listen. Ever since, I've never considered phones to be private either. Hell, even a basic scanner can pick up such calls. To be honest, I'm all for the Gov reading emails and listening on calls. I feel sorry for the shmuck they stick with the job, but to me it's not a privacy issue because I never considered such private to begin with.
I see you are a fellow deep thinker. However, your style comes off a little half-cocked. Calling someone a crackhead for a certain belief is cynical and typically not the sort of behavior condoned around here.

Overall though, the guy you called one is former military and has been exposed to more than his fair share of jockularity so it is no big thing.

Let me ask you something. Are you overweight, fat, out of shape? Just asking so just humor me.

Back