an over weight country

jch364

Registered
I had to share this with everyone today when I read this on yahoo.

13. It's a fat world, after all. Disneyland announces plans to close the "It's a Small World"￾ attraction to deepen its water channel after the ride's boats start getting stuck under loads of heavy passengers. Employees ask larger passengers to disembark"â€￾and compensate them with coupons for free food.

Got this from the top 101 dumbest moments in 2007. Can we as a nation be that bad. That overweight? My god what have we done to ourselves. I used to think that when I would hear people on the news say that we have an obesity epidemic in this country, that it was an exaggeration. Now I wonder.

I know weight is a constant struggle for all of us. I know this well. I, like most of you out there work on this daily but my god, step the H%$L away from the dang big mac and get a treadmill or something.! Geesh.
rant.gif

I like how they are giving the "larger" passengers who get off the ride, FREE FOOD!
rock.gif

I am not Fat Just big Boned and for your information I don't even like Big Mac's I like MEXICAN FOOD
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Its my thyroid... Really, it has nothing to do with the enormous volume of food I consume without exercise.
firedevil.gif

Its my thyroid... Really, it has nothing to do with the enormous volume of food I consume without exercise.  
firedevil.gif
Wait...thyroid? That's an excuse. I thought we are blaming everyone else for our problems now. Giving me free food, well you are contributing to my problem so I can now sue you for targeting and feeding me more bad things.
winkold.gif

It is control. it is the way the government can keep control of us

Keep us fat and lazy so we wont rebel against the government.

Keep us in debt so the government can track our every move

Take away our gun rights so the small minority of people who are not obese and do not have debt and cant be tracked and can fight, wont have the weapons to fight.

"food" for thought

All you have to do is head to ANY local Mall, or even better, a Wal-Mart or Amusement park to see the hordes of the over fed Herding along... Many actually eating while there...

So hell yeah it's gotten that bad, you don't see a lot of thin folks out there, especially in certain parts of town, or at certain stores.

Yeah, I see a LOT of thin Athletic folks lining up at the "Golden Coral" Buffet... Wait... No, No I don't actually...

Like thrasher said, keep your population Entertained, Fat, Afraid, and Unarmed? You're good to go, nothing but cattle, cattle are easy to manage.

"Fat, Dumb and Happy" used to be an expression - now we've turned it into a way of life. I look the way I do because of the way I behave. I don't blame genetics, diseases or you - it's my fault. The best I can do is set a decent example for my kids because I sure don't want them growing up, looking like what has become the majority, and thinking they can blame anyone or anything else but themselves for it.

I think that's what the problem is... Kids, Many Kids aren't outside running round playing. Instead they are at home with their folks watching TV, playing video games, etc...

Habits are the key, have to develop good habits. Problem there of course is food is highly addictive to a lot of people, they find it comforting, it makes them happy, in essence they are addicted...

Then people combat that food addiction if you will with quick fixes, diets, etc... Crap that rarely works, leading them further down the fatboy path but this time feeling worse. Or they would be feeling worse accept now of course we medicate our Fat people, tell them it's OK... That being fat is a "Disease"...

Instead of just saying drop the chicken leg and run a lap... Pretty Screwed up, pretty sad.

It's not easy being a fatboy in America, but by golly society is trying it's damndest to make it OK to be Fat and that's a problem. I know the fatboy Drill pretty well, I've had issues my whole life with weight. Active duty, there was an Ideal weight of about 175-185 for a male 6'1" tall. Yup 175-185, but there I was at 212lbs... Went into Basic 212lbs, came out of Basic at 212lbs, deployments, etc... 212LBS... NOW though, after 7 years of civilian desk job? 240lbs??? WTF?

So yeah, I am familiar with the whole weight "nutroll". But it's NOT a disease, there is no Magic Diet, there is just a matter of getting off your ass and exercising... Plain and simple... Eat the right foods, and exercise...

Take away our gun rights so the small minority of people who are not obese and do not have debt and cant be tracked and can fight, wont have the weapons to fight.

"food" for thought
Sh!t man... I feel the exact same way.
banghead.gif

6'4" 260 lbs here... You've seen my pics. However, I look in the mirror and see a lardass that is so self-concious about his mid section he refuses to wear shirts tucked in...

I was the fat kid growing up, never a blob or obese just the kid with a spare tire. This was due to lack of physical activity and access to excessive amounts of sugar in the form of my father's popsicle distribution business. Dad was an undiagnosed diabetic and had a hell of a sweet tooth as well as the temper that comes with sugar imbalances. Managed to get my weight fluctuations under control for the military. Slowly gained weight when I stopped paying attention and stopped exercising. Luckily, I've been hitting the gym regularly for over six months taking a week or two off when sick.

Folks, slow and steady at the gym took me from big gut and man boobs to my current shape (I'll never be satisfied) without loosing any weight.

America just wants to be more like Santa! Whats wrong with that?

But I do agree, it's becoming an epidemic for America. Why I decided to lose weight myself. Completely cut out all fast food and soft drinks, watch the amount of pasta and breads I eat, and I spread out my meals over the day....oh and working out doesn't hurt either. Started at 340 lbs and sitting at 295 lbs right now, next goal is 250.

"food" for thought
Are you on crack?
rock.gif

The government is controlling us by keeping us fat? Are you serious?

Please tell me you are not serious...

Dear god you are.

Back