An old man stuck in  berlin

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
Hi Guys and gals, glad to be on board, as a 54 year old grandad and general grumpy old git, picked the Busa up on the weekend, only had a day with her, now in sunny (not ?) Berlin for 2 week. Can't wait to get back home, even with the local speed limits. Have rode a 1100 Gixer's for the last 15 years, and lived to tell the tell, I consider myself a careful rider, but this 03 Black RZ is a #####. The busa gives a false sence of securely, think you are doing 40 look at the clock and you are doing 80 mph. Might as well hand my licence over to the cops now. Germany is the best place to ride a fast bike, having ridden one here for 5 years, no speed limit on the autoban, only problem is Bemmer's in the outside lane with you at 140 mph, sh#t happens. Looking forward to some good advice, carbon cans are a must ??

You all take care out there !!!!!

Del

Hey Del , Welcome to the site and congrats on that Busa ! I used to live in Ashaffenburg Germany . Ahhhhhhhhhh.......the Autobahn
biggrin.gif

Welcome Del

I was in Germany in September. I saw a Hayabusa within 2 minutes of leaving the main airport building walking to the pariking garage to pick up a rental. I didn't have my camera out so I didn't take a picture. It was the only one I saw the 7 days I was there! Be careful on the autobahn. Have beer for me!

Lotta advice here- welcome and congrats on the Busa!!

I served in Germany for 3 years. Spent time in Nurnburg (something like that) and Hanau (Frankfort area). It was beautiful. I only had a chance to ride a buddies zx6, and was afraid to exceed 130
blush.gif
I would love to have my Busa there.

My grandparents stayed in wolfratzhausen autobahn is the only way to go.. If see lights a flashing you bessed be smashing the gas peddle that is run you over in a second..

Back