An Engraved Thank You to Hayabusa.org

babuski

Donating Member
Registered
I've wanted to do this for awhile...but had no time. I just wanted to thank all the members of this forum. You have saved me countless hours and dollars with your wisdom. In fact, my final choices were a Kaw Z-12 or a Z-9 or Z-7 (yes I'm bipolar). Then while researching I came across hayabusa.org...I read a few threads and became capitivated with the camaraderie of the board members. I also laughed like I've never laughed at some of the stories on the board. I then expanded my bike search to include a Hayabusa wondering what the f**k am I doing considering such a fast bike. There is a mystique about you guys and I just wanted to tell you all thanks. You have been incredibly helpful and I also want to thank the administrators of the site for doing a great job. I have been a Hayabusa owner for 3 months now and have absolutely no regrets (but I am a pussy in that I've only reached a top speed of about 97mph....so I am a virgin in so far as the 100 mph+ club is concerned ....scared of cops and rusty riding skills too)

In short I would never have bought a busa if it weren't for the great "sales job" you guys did with your stories and communications. You are all twisted, highly dysfunctional people but I find those to be great qualities (especially when traveling at speeds that exceed the takeoff speed of a 777 jetliner.) and I can't thank you all enough.

I'm also going to try and make Laguna Seca for 2004 mainly because my busa wants a date with LoBusa's bike. I tried to interest my busa in one of the pumpkin colored offerings but she just frowned and said "pumpkins are the slowest color and I want a girl that is fast, very fast."

Again thanks!

Enjoy the power, speed is intoxicating...  Find an open loooooong strech of highway without any/many cars and give it a twist.  I hit my first 150 (indicated) on Tuesday.  ...and I'm going riding w/ Lo some time this month.  
firedevil.gif

Oh yeah, I have a "pumpkin"

orange_n_fast.jpg

Great message babuski!
I'm very new here, but I can already agree wholeheartedly with all that you said...
Well, except the date with LoBusa's bike!  She's got so much experience on that thing, me and my Busa would probably just limp away like kicked puppies!

But, meeting her and flying swan one day would be great (as well as meeting the mulitude of guys!)

Yeah, I found this site after deciding that I'd probably get a busa. I got lots of good advice while bike shopping and also found lots of good info by just reading old posts. I probably read posts for a week before I ever posted. Not many forums have that much good reading!

I've already thanked everyone that helped me but it wouldn't hurt to do it again. Sign me up for the Thanks to All Club...
wink.gif

By the way, I've just barely squeezed into the 100mph+ club. I hit 105 once. Actually got there before I realized it! I really have to watch it because the busa is so smooth at speed that I could go faster than I am ready to handle and not realize it until it was too late.
eek2.gif

I've hit 110 in my car, but only 75 on the Harley...I can imagine going 100 on the Busa, but I'm not interested in much past that!

Go on guys...pick on the girl for not caring to be a member of the 200 mph club! I can take it!

I won't pick on you, Michelle. I don't know that I'll ever go there either. I'm more of a drag racing type than a top end junkie. I want it wide open for 1/4 mile and then do it again. Speed really doesn't do that much for me.

Pure acceleration on the other hand is a different matter altogether. I can't imagine crack being any more addictive than pulling some serious G's under full throttle. Luckily the busa covers the needs of drag nutz like me as well as the top end crowd.
super.gif

Don't get me wrong...I love speed...but I also have a fear of dying!
Wonder how many guys really do push their Busas to the very edge?  Hrmmm...a new thread perhaps?  Probably already been discussed, before I joined...

I agree with you Bullet - the initial G's is where the rush is...in a car, a plane, on a bike...that's just pure adrenaline!
eek2.gif

Yeah this site is addictive, and its saved me tons of money with all the advice, helpful hints, and mods...... no wiat the mods i've seen on the board have actually cost me more money than i would have originally spent.... come to think of it this site may be costing me money ...... My name is DEz and I'm a hayabusa holic
face7.gif

You are all twisted, highly dysfunctional people but I find those to be great qualities (especially when traveling at speeds that exceed the takeoff speed of a 777 jetliner.) and I can't thank you all enough.
Maybe so but we are still one big happy family
laugh.gif

I'm glad you like it here. This is the most user friendly motorcycle board that I have seen. Like you said the members and administrators are great. Take your time to build up your speed and DON"T let anybody make you do something that you don't want to do. Know your abilities and stick with them. One thing about the Busa is that it can get you in over your head very quickly and I have the scars to prove it.
face7.gif

I've wanted to do this for awhile...but had no time.  I just wanted to thank all the members of this forum.  You have saved me countless hours and dollars with your wisdom.  In fact, my final choices were a Kaw Z-12 or a Z-9 or Z-7 (yes I'm bipolar). Then while researching I came across hayabusa.org...I read a few threads and became capitivated with the camaraderie of the board members.  I also laughed like I've never laughed at some of the stories on the board.   I then expanded my bike search to include a Hayabusa wondering what the f**k am I doing considering such a fast bike.  There is a mystique about you guys and I just wanted to tell you all thanks.  You have been incredibly helpful and I also want to thank the administrators of the site for doing a great job.  I have been a Hayabusa owner for 3 months now and have absolutely no regrets (but I am a pussy in that I've only reached a top speed of about 97mph....so I am a virgin in so far as the 100 mph+ club is concerned ....scared of cops and rusty riding skills too)

In short I would never have bought a busa if it weren't for the great "sales job" you guys did with your stories and communications.  You are all twisted, highly dysfunctional people but I find those to be great qualities (especially when traveling at speeds that exceed the takeoff speed of a 777 jetliner.) and I can't thank you all enough.  

I'm also going to try and make Laguna Seca for 2004 mainly because my busa wants a date with  LoBusa's bike.  I tried to interest my busa in one of the pumpkin colored offerings but she just frowned and said "pumpkins are the slowest color and I want a girl that is fast, very fast."

Again thanks!
You guys have said it all. I have been riding for 15 years, andd learned more over the past year (w/ Busa) than the entire previous 14. There is an amazing group of people here, and they have the Hayabusa in common. Everytime something controversial happens, people have commented that the board has changed. I guess it has, but for the most part, we keep getting great new members.

i agree with Greg.. i have learned more riding skills on the busa than any other bike i've ever owned. this board tought me alot about the bike and riding techniques. thank you Captain and all other admins that pitch in to give us all a great site to enjoy.

-Efren

I hit 160 on a track strait once, and 150 when ever I can... Iowa is just too short.  It's amazing how safe it can feel..  I used to think about what if a tire blows out and crap but now I think what kinda life would I live having never tried??  And I'm the better for it, and my tires have not blown out.  
smile.gif

"All men die.  Some men never really live."  my mantra  
death happens eventually, why live afraid?  
biggrin.gif

added: but I NEVER, EVER recommend people to ride beyond their abilities or interests. EVERY LEVEL of riding is a cool level as long is it is not parked in the garage, spotlessly clean and no miles on it. Life's a journey, enjoy the ride

HERE, HERE 3 cheers for thecaptain and his crew!

actually after 16 years street riding and spending the last 3 sitting on and drooling over the hayabusa i found this site and found out why anyone without a death wish would want this bike. encouraged by the no BS attitude from the board im enjoying my busa immensly. just listening in helped make up my mind and ignore the haters(what do you need that kind of power for,youll just get killed on it, the nose looks like a t*t, well it kinda does)
tounge.gif
now the only problem is my wife thinks im talking on some dating site(ive never spent this much time on the computer before)
laugh.gif

Hey HP -
Get your wife to join...she can tell us all the "true" stories about you and your Busa...plus, she'll be sure you're in fact not on a dating site!

Actually, I think you should get her to learn to ride! Need more gals on here!!!!

thanks Vabusa, my wife loves the busa and shes taking the msf course for beginers soon, no busa for her yet. when you get yours and your significant other asks to take it for a spin tell him to get on the back.hehehehe
laugh.gif

Ha! I'm not letting him ride it at all (yeah, right)...

It'll be a long while before I have a passenger on the Busa; I like only being responsible for myself should something go wrong!
smile.gif

Tell your wife good luck with the MSF - she's going to love it!

Here Here! I Propose a toast to The Board and it's active members. You lurkers out there come on in! some of you ghosts, get back in here...(RSD I am looking your way).

The Board made my mind up when I got serious about a new bike. The decision had come down to a Honda Interceptor, Hayabusa, a ZX12R and Don't Laugh...An Aprilia Futura. This place helped me decide.

People Like Thinker, The Oracle, STUNNAH, MSF, DEZZY7, KS, CAPTAIN, NARC, Dustman, MikeyUSF, Big-O, Howlin, and on and on, help make the board what it is.

Not the biggest site out there, but To quote Stitch... "I found it, all on my own. It's little, and broken, but still good."

Heh,
jump9.gif

Back