An Engraved Thank You to Hayabusa.org

Yes....A big Thank You to all.....My initiation to the Busa came from an article in Maxim magazine in the "Top Gear" section about 2 years ago. Wanted one so badly I couldn't stand it. Finally got it back in April('03 silver/gray) and as my g/f says.."I'm eat up with it". I came across this web-site and it has been a god-send ever since. I have learned more about the people would ride this fantastic machine and they have helped me tremendously. And yes, I'm sure logging-on here has cost me quite a bit because I can't keep my wallet and wrenches off it. Just a little footnote.....I had Harleys before and have never felt the power that this machine will lay down. Now, I just love "sucking the paint off " those non-cornering turtles as I go by. Actually, I've wanted to have a t-shirt made up with the Harley wings on the back with the words..." For the inexperienced"........

Babuski, thanks for the compliments on the Busa!!  Our bikes can get together anytime!!!  Just gotta keep an eye on em', don't want mini bikes rolling around in the morning...  
biggrin.gif

Hayabusa.org is a GREAT website.  I have learned soooooo much about my bike here.  Just about every mod that I have done I either got the information on how to do it here, or was able to pass on to someone here how I did it.  The love we have for our bike (it's really a sickness) is so strong, that only others with the Busa can relate.  My sis rides a ZX12 and thinks I'm a nut when I get excited if I see a Busa passing us on the freeway and I stop talking and watch it go by.
drooling3.gif

I have met folks here that I call my friends (some in person and some not) and enjoy communicating with regularly. And have connections all over the states with invitations to visit when in their area...  kinda like a secret Busa Fraternity.

The Busa is an awesome and versatile bike, whether hittin the twisties or the straights at 175mph (my personal fastest with GPS), there is no better feeling...  And hayabusa.org just gives us a wonderful forum to share our enthusiasm with others!!!!!!  (as you can see by this long-ass post! sorry)

Glad you like it here, and congrats on the Busa!!!!

biggrin.gif
  Lo

Corroded Alien:  next week we'll hook up to ride!  
super.gif

biggrin.gif

I'd never heard of a Hayabusa when I started looking to get a new bike after not having riden my 82 CX500 Turbo for 7 years. Went to the local Honda shop and thought the Intercepter looked cool, then went to the Yamaha/ Suzuki dealership. At first the busa nose just didn't appeal to me but as I sat on it for a while it just kept talking to me. I told the salesman I used to fly F-14 Tomcats and felt the need for speed. He explained the capabilities of the busa and I understand form following function. The nose finally grew on me and I bought mine 3 1/2 months ago. I did a web search afterward and found this site. There was nothing like it when I was riding my Turbo so I felt rather disconnected.

Reading the threads here (I just finished the General catagory yesterday) has been entertaining, informative and has connected me to the "busaness" of being an owner/rider. Thanks to those for running the site and to all the rest for you contributions.:D

Back