An easier way to take pics...

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
On every group ride I think I have ever been on most folks have a small camera to take pics but very seldom do we ever get any of the groups riding unless someone is two up. You have gloves on and then trying to dig a little camera out of your pocket or tank bag is hard to do and still hold control of the bike....

I took some parts from one of my go pro's and made up a mount tonight that I can use on the next trip I go on.... One hand can do it all and if I need to grab the bars I dont have to worry about dropping the camera...... I can fold it back where the screen is protected when I am not actively using it...

Whaddya think?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I thought you were gonna show your Nikon with the 2.8 mounted. :laugh:

Very smart Cap, :thumbsup:

seems it's one of the extra mounts from a Gopro isn't it, like a stick on helmet mount or something.

I need to look into this, the mount for a camera for my SW Motch tank ring is very costly.

it's one of the extra mounts from a Gopro isn't it, like a stick on helmet mount
Yep thats exactly what it is.... It has a curve to it and it matched the windscreen perfectly (See there is a reason to keep the stock screen)....

Just the adhesive piece, one of the adapters to change the direction of the camera and of course the mount with a bolt inside the camera hole....

I have had the adhesive piece on the back for over a year now and it doesn't have nearly as much surface area touching as the new one..... I think it will hold but I will put some sort of lanyard on it at first anyway....

cap

That's cool. The GoPro can also take stills but doesn't have as much control as a still camera. Also, you need to decide whether you want stills or video before starting out. Changing it while riding would be nearly imposible.

all it takes is throttle control and balance.............and an unhealthy lack of fear of bodily harm :whistle: :laugh:

that is a nice looking set-up CAp :beerchug:

That's a great idea and like the rest I need something like that.

all it takes is throttle control and balance.............and an unhealthy lack of fear of bodily harm :whistle: :laugh:

that is a nice looking set-up CAp :beerchug:

I am always afraid I am going to drop the camera....

Curious do you use cruise control and shoot pics with right hand or reach over screen on cam and snap pics with your left hand ?
I forgot I have one of those 'tripod' mounts which is piece with bolt in it for gopro . I may try this with my camera ?

On a sidenote QuickTime let's me 'copy' any frame I want from one of the movies I shoot with gopro and create a pic from it .

Curious do you use cruise control and shoot pics with right hand or reach over screen on cam and snap pics with your left hand ?
I forgot I have one of those 'tripod' mounts which is piece with bolt in it for gopro . I may try this with my camera ?

On a sidenote QuickTime let's me 'copy' any frame I want from one of the movies I shoot with gopro and create a pic from it .

I wanted to be able to zoom in and be able to see what I was taking a pic of... I can use my cruise and use my right or left hand but I probably will use my left to just push the focus / pic button....

cap

Back