Amsoil

This is exciting...I can't wait to pick my Busa up this afternoon and ride
beerchug.gif

well here's my experiance with amsoil, i think its good oil, however i used it in my 2007 zx-10R and it did not shift any diffrent, it did not run any cooler, infact it did nothing diffrent. i still prefer mobil 1 4T over amsoil because the 4T is easier to get.

Used standard dino oil for breakin...

Then I shifted to Mobil 1 and immediately noticed a difference.

Upgraded to Amsoil and again noticed a difference. Amsoil is good stuff.

Upgraded again to SILKOLENE and again...noticed a difference.
Silkolene is the shitz...bike purrs like a big huge kitten on that stuff (tranny and all
thumb_up.gif
).
It's expensive but if I got the cash, it's definately going in.

Wouldn't hesitate to use Amsoil in pinch though or mobil one for that matter, all three are excellent, but imho Amsoil is better than mobil and Silkolene beats em all.

I haven't run it yet but I have heard nothing but good things about it. Err... Correction, a good friend of mine is a HD mechanic and told me that an HD owner had to have his lifters replaced because he switched to Amsoil. The guy then ran the same oil again, and the lifters had to be replaced again. I asked if he was running the correct oil since the Amsoil catalog has to different cycle oils. One is specifying labeled for HD cycles while the other is not. My friend couldn't tell me which one the guy used and even my friend thinks this was a fluke since Amsoil is known to be a quality product. With that being said, I am planning to switch all my vehicles to Amsoil. The increase in service interval is worth it to me since I have to change the oil in my car every 5-6 weeks. After my wife's new Pathfinder hits 3000 miles, it too will get Amsoil. I have heard nothing but good things about Amsoil. Hope your results have been as positive as others I have heard about!!

I have been running it Don, maybe that is why my bike has been faster than yours.
laugh.gif
You will like it, you will notice that it shifts smoother.

You won't go wrong. I changed at 5000 miles on the Busa and 511 miles on the Venture. Changed the gear oil to Amsoil on the Venture also.

Reminds me to call Daniel and get some ordered for the new Tundra.

r8
You just want to harass me,you not gonna buy nothing
tounge.gif

Been back and forth with this and mobil 1. Built engines for many years. Several times I had occasion to open-up customer's engines where they followed this advice and wear was noticably absent. The only area I get a little hesitant on is greatly extending oil change intervals. Everyone has an opinion, but I think a 4K interval is pushing it and 5K is just to long for a bike, even with the best synthetics. I think you'll feel a noticable difference.

The ride home sure seemed smooth...but it always does after a service appointment.  I do not plan to extend the oil change intervals beyond the ones recommended in the owners manual.

The feedback here has been great
beerchug.gif

Just changed the dino out of the '08 and 10w-40 ams went in. As God is my witness its running cooler. I really keep an eye on the temp gauge and I got a needle width lower. (Assuming I'm not imagining things.) I always run it in my valk but at 1500 mi now the zook got it.
Here's some reading on oil tests put out by amsoil. I'm not a dealer, and its up to you -if you buy off on their results....

http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2156.pdf

Used suzuki dino oil for the longest time then switched to mobil 1 synthetic years ago. Tried Royal Purple last year and that stuff is absolute CRAP. Bike didn't run any cooler or shift any better (seemed worse actually). Oil seemed to breakdown more as I had to top off the oil level more often then i did with the mobil 1, and being that it's purple good luck on telling how dirty your oil is since it always looks pitch black.

Switch to amsoil this season and so far I been very pleased! Engine is much quieter and smoother. Shifting seems improved but the thing I noticed most is how much cooler the bike runs. Beforehand on fairly hot days the gauge was always in the middle in city running and if it was stop and go traffic the fan was almost always on. Now in the same environment the needle is a few hairs under half and it really has to be gridlock and hot out for the fan to kick on. Definate cooling improvement noticed.
thumb_up.gif

What
rock.gif
?.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME
rock.gif
?........
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
IMHO....best synthetic on the planet, and made for Hayabusa's !!!!

rock.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Used standard dino oil for breakin...

Then I shifted to Mobil 1 and immediately noticed a difference.

Upgraded to Amsoil and again noticed a difference. Amsoil is good stuff.

Upgraded again to SILKOLENE and again...noticed a difference.
Silkolene is the shitz...bike purrs like a big huge kitten on that stuff (tranny and all  
thumb_up.gif
).
It's expensive but if I got the cash, it's definately going in.

Wouldn't hesitate to use Amsoil in pinch though or mobil one for that matter, all three are excellent, but imho Amsoil is better than mobil and Silkolene beats em all.
Can you tell me what Silkolene oil I should get for my BUsa?

Contact (PM) "Jester0769"...I get Silolene (plus a few other things) from him. Good price, very knowledgable guy, great service...
thumb_up.gif

I use the 4T pro 4 plus, someitmes not the "plus"...I believe last time I talked to jester he suggested that the plus is more for racing/track bikes and street bikes would not derive the benifit and it would just cost more...but ask him.

Like I said, Mobil is good, Amsoil is better...but Silkolene (IMHO) is another notch up, and as long as I got the cash for it, it's going in...no doubt about it.

btw - I still change every 3000 miles and plugs every 7000. I think if you buy synthetic and then stretch out not changing it, your kinda back to square one and negating some of the advantages of running a top of the line oil.

I run amsoil and won't run anything else. Amsoil, from what I'm told by my racing buddy who is sponsored by them and turned me onto it, is that amsoil makes the most bad ass filters EVER!!!! and the oil is just a bonus.

Back