Amsoil

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
I dropped my Busa off this morning for its 31,500 mile service and the technician called me a few minutes ago and recommended that I start using Amsoil since the miles are adding up.  He said that it will run cooler, shift better, and that I will generally like it better all around.

I told him to go ahead and do it since he thought it was a good idea.  He has taken care of my Busa for me since day one.

I was just wondering what others thought of Amsoil and it you felt it was worth the difference in cost?

Any responses appreciated and welcomed, even from any members that feel they just need to increase their post count
laugh.gif

You won't go wrong. I changed at 5000 miles on the Busa and 511 miles on the Venture. Changed the gear oil to Amsoil on the Venture also.

Reminds me to call Daniel and get some ordered for the new Tundra.

r8

Have used it since breakin and couldn't be happier. Longer change intervals which kind of equals out the higher cost per oil change, confidence in HOT weather and high speeds that the motor is getting the proper lubrication, runs cooler and shifts better. At 5,000 miles, I believe that Amsoil synth is probably in better condition than a fresh oil change with dino oil.

I switched to Amsoil at 1000 miles. I'm very happy with it. It shifts smoother and the motor seems to run quieter at idle.

Just changed the dino out of the '08 and 10w-40 ams went in. As God is my witness its running cooler. I really keep an eye on the temp gauge and I got a needle width lower. (Assuming I'm not imagining things.) I always run it in my valk but at 1500 mi now the zook got it.

been running it since my first oil change around 2k, 7 years ago. i love the stuff!

switched to amsoil full synthetic with about 3500 miles on my 07. its great. shifting got slightly better too. easier to slip into second now. and its not my imagination...cause i was skeptical.

Have used it since breakin and couldn't be happier.  Longer change intervals which kind of equals out the higher cost per oil change, confidence in HOT weather and high speeds that the motor is getting the proper lubrication, runs cooler and shifts better.  At 5,000 miles, I believe that Amsoil synth is probably in better condition than a fresh oil change with dino oil.
I totally agree....
thumb_up.gif

I couldn't be happier with my decision to go with it... noticed how much smoother the shifting was as well as overall performance immediately... I suggest pullin' the trigger on that change to anybody....I'm thinking about going to it in my car and truck pretty soon too
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

I run Amsoil MCF, its a great product and with extended drain intervals its a win-win situation. I just got some Amsoil MCV for my dad's Harley and he is raving about how much nicer his bike runs.

Back