american vs south african cops

jup

Registered
i was just wondering how strict the cops in america is towards your biking comunity?here in south africa we have our metro police who will lock you up if they catch you above 180 km/h.most of them however is perfectly corrupt and easy to bribe.also on our congested highways it is easy to give them the slip as most of them are in cages and do not have a chance and most of us superbikers ride without plates(fine bout 500 rand if they catch you).if they are on bikes they are using old 800 bmw which do not have a chance against a modern suerbike so in general the fuzz dont bother us.is it the same with you guys in the states or do you have stricter control?

It depends on where you are and how fast you were going. The cops around my area dont really hassle any riders, but if they get you going 15 over, they are going to get you. It does help that I am good friend of a officer in my community.
beerchug.gif

We do the "bribe" thing a little differently here.
Take the ticket from the cop and give it to your lawyer. Pay the lawyer $100 and wait till he tells you how much to pay the court (usually $100-$300), pay that and majically the ticket never happened.
wink.gif

(HillbillyTom @ Sep. 27 2007,18:09) We do the "bribe" thing a little differently here.
Take the ticket from the cop and give it to your lawyer. Pay the lawyer $100 and wait till he tells you how much to pay the court (usually $100-$300), pay that and majically the ticket never happened.
wink.gif
Good, Bad or Indifferent, that's  
super.gif
a Fact !!!

Over here, it isn't recommended on running. If you stop, the worst in 99% of the cases is you'll just get a ticket. If you run, and get caught (most do) , you GO STRAIGHT TO JAIL !!! If you try to bribe the Officer all it means is YOU STAY IN JAIL
laugh.gif

for any speed over 250 you will pay a bribe of between 500 to 1000 rand.depends on the officer. they caught a friend of mine one sunday after he hit 2 traps on his gixxer(289 and 292 km/h respectively).he also tried to give them the slip but run out of gas.this resulted in the highest speed fine in south african history namely a cool 100 000 rand or 2 years imprisonment!

(jup @ Sep. 28 2007,01:14) this resulted in the highest speed fine in south african history namely a cool 100 000 rand or 2 years imprisonment!
at 1 U.S. dollar = 6.9707785 South African rands that equals $14,345.59...OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm not sure what the fine or jail time would be here but they would also take your bike and auction it off or use it for a police vehicle
sad.gif

ive seen internet pics of busa cop bikes somwhere in the usa? is that true or just some photo shopping?

that is true...Oklahoma State Highway Patrol...CAp has taken some pics of them...click the linky

WE NOW have 6 Busa Highway Patrol Bikes  
race.gif

So when you see them your either
tounge.gif
, Yea that's Cool OR "OH" my God, I'am dead meat  
sad.gif

Cops here are cool unless you are a complete azz hat, in which case you deserve it.

Running from the cops usually puts them into a mindless frenzy over here , often times someone gets killed in the frantic pursuit ; usually some uninvolved motorist slammed by a cop car running a red light.
Not advised !!

(DaCol. @ Sep. 27 2007,19:37)
(HillbillyTom @ Sep. 27 2007,18:09) We do the "bribe" thing a little differently here.
wink.gif
Good, Bad or Indifferent, that's  
super.gif
a Fact !!!

Over here, it isn't recommended on running. If you stop, the worst in 99% of the cases is you'll just get a ticket. If you run, and get caught (most do) , you GO STRAIGHT TO JAIL !!! If you try to bribe the Officer all it means is YOU STAY IN JAIL
laugh.gif
I'm too old to run, besides a Busa can't beat radio AND a helicopter.......as far as Vegas, we have plenty of local lawyers that do a pro-bono appearance and save you the points....."for a fee, of course".........which I would imagine, either ends up in someone's pocket or donated to a local charity.........or both....
beerchug.gif
Just for locals though....
cool.gif

I wouldn't mind seeing how long it takes them to catch me running across the desert for video. That would be hot having a narrator tell the dastardly tale of a dangerous man ...
firedevil.gif
...on a hopped-up sportbike at 180+ mph....
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

Of course at that speed, WE know what he's riding.......

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Back