American Chopper going off the air Dec. 11th? Really?

Hire one bangin hot girl that is halfway smart and can CNC, hire another to work the desk, have interesting clients/pieces, and you've got a show!

I still want a show following Nickey Hayden and Rossi around.

when OCC's head bike designer is some goofy computer geek who doesnt know chit from shiola about motorcycles they have simply failed in their attempt to be creative bike builders. and the price that they were charging for custom builds was laughable!

:laugh:

559961_492150667474939_974194219_n.jpg

559961_492150667474939_974194219_n.jpg

I am working on it, 5 cnc's, chrome plating tanks, ceramic coatings, powder coating, welding and full fab area etc:laugh:...... now that damn TV show is all I need to make my millions. Too bad me and my employees all get along, I don't think we could fake enough animosity to make a good reality show.

Todd

Hire me, ill argue with ya all day, even throw some chairs. If your real lucky, ill show up late and take credit for your work. I'll expect a job offer by Monday morning. Good day to you. :laugh:

Oh, was that still on?

Drama queens. I never liked it. Who would want to work in those conditions? Good reddens

:rofl: I just recently have seen a couple of commercials for the show. Haven't caught an episode in years.

I liked the show. If it has motorcycles in it, I'll watch it. I like Paul Jr.'s bikes too; they're more pieces of art than ride-able street machines, but there's a market for that too, and I respect it. OCC lost a lot of creativity when Jr. left. It's probably time to end the show but I'm sure there will be reruns for decades and I hope they replace the show with another MC show. Maybe that show "Cafe Racer", or a show following Nickey Hayden, Gadson, or Schnitz around :thumbsup:.

I agree with Lucid, to some extent. They never built a bike that I would own or ride, but I did enjoy the creativity and the "can do" attitude that came through from the individuals actually working on the bikes. In particular, I enjoyed Rick and Vinny doin' their thing in spite of the cartoony chaos that swirled all around them. Throughout it all they kept their professionalism and strove to do the best they could - that's nothing to take for granted, especially these days. I also enjoyed the creative/artistic spark that Jr brought to the table. Sure, he might be more of an assembler in terms of the hands on aspect, but he does bring ideas and that's huge because all the parts in the world are useless unless you can think of something interesting to do with them.

I'll second the vote for Cafe Racer or a show that follows a GP racer! :thumbsup:

Ordering parts out of a catalog and tweaking them never constituted a "hand built custom" to me. Heck anyone can open a catalog, go online and order something, bolt it on and call it custom........Jesse James on the other hand custom builds alot of things from scratch. He is very talented. But production makes money so one off hand built things aren't the money maker for these guys.

Todd

I agree...that was my beef with the show. They basically ordered parts and put them together. I like watching something done from scratch. What show was it that used to be on, where they'd pit builders against one another? THAT show was pretty cool...shows true talent.

Rick worked pretty hard mashing out quite a few original tanks and seat plates by hand. And Nubs (the painter) does fantastic work.

A classic example of what fame will do to a family....

I'm thinkin' that show only exacerbated "pre-existing" condtions. I mean c'mon, whaddya expect from a guy that was a drug addict/alcholic who, to this day, doesn't have the maturity or self-control to refrain from yelling and belittling everyone/anyone around him anytime his whims aren't met 100%? Jr may have similar issues, but I'd say to a much lesser degree and he's much more self aware and only has those issues when dealing with his father so....I blame the parents and credit the kids.

For a while I watched the show just for the fun of watching bikes being built and for the good-natured "hijinks" that would happen from time to time. But even then I could never understand how Paul Sr managed to keep employees when he constantly treated them with little or no respect. I could never work for somebody like that and even if I could, I wouldn't. Obviously, based on the many employees-turned-former-employees, other good souls came to the same conclusion.

I am working on it, 5 cnc's, chrome plating tanks, ceramic coatings, powder coating, welding and full fab area etc:laugh:...... now that damn TV show is all I need to make my millions. Too bad me and my employees all get along, I don't think we could fake enough animosity to make a good reality show.

Todd

Quick! Subumit and audition video pitching your show. Ya never know...a non-dysfunctional reality show might be like SHOCK TV these days! ;) Best of luck! :beerchug:

I liked the show, and think if they would have refocused again on bike building--even if it was only show bikes--it would have continued to be a good show. I think the producers became more interested in the fights than the bikes.

:moon: I don't like to bash other bikers, even if they do ride Harley Choppers or Vespa Scooter. but these guys had it coming when they parted, it was a weak attempt at Pepsi Vs. Coke, Biggie Vs.Pac and Chevy Vs. Ford, I saw that Missile coming for miles. I sure do hope it gets replaced with another two wheel show; Perhaps a show where all makes and models are built, shown off and raced.

I always enjoy looking at the work of Robert ''Nub'' Collard, a very talented guy. :thumbsup:

For the rest, i never belived in their ''fights'', a good plan to build another company.

Back