"American Billet"? Single-sided swingarms?

SavoBusa

Registered
Hopefully, .oRg members can clear this up for me! I already did a search for "American Billet" and didn't find anything that applies. Basically, I was researching some prices and stuff on single-sided swingarms for my 2008 Hayabusa. I live in Florida, so all we have is long-straight roads and year-round sunshine. So having a stretched, slammed, fat, good-lookin' Busa is quite normal. Just wanted to get that out of the way before anyone starts hatin' on custom, show Busas. Anyway, I was looking around and I ran across several ads where folks were selling Busas with "American Billet" single-sided swingarms. So, I got curious as to why so many of the custom Busas had this brand of swingarm instead of C & S, Roaring Toyz, etc. Found the website for American Billet using Google. Got the contact info, since their website was not complete. Called the number and the owner said that he does not sell single-sided swingarms. He also stated that "someone was using 'his' name" and he gets calls all the time about these swingarms. Before we hung up, I did mention that maybe he should look into making swingarms, since he already had free advertisement. :laugh:

So, my question is, has anyone ever heard of American Billet swingarms, and if so, who actually makes them? I believe the White Busa from Daytona I posted about a while back had the American Billet S.S.S as well. See post "Baddest Azz Busa in Daytona? You decide!". Here is a pic too, but it's only of the right side of the bike, so the swingarm isn't pictured well.

BadAssWhiteBusa2009 (1).jpg

NOPE...never hear of them. IF you want a single sided arm for what a 300, 330 or the beastly 360, check C&S ( their NEW designed jackshaft ), or candy customs ( theirs are abit long for my taste).
C&S to me still have the best heavy made arm out there. NOW that I got see thier NEW re-designed jackshaft adjustment on the new arms.....They are the best hands down.

WHO MAKES A REGULAR SINGLE-SIDED THATS MADE FOR A 190 OR 200 TIRE THATS ABOUT 6' OVER?:banghead:

+1
I would like on for myself. I don't want the fat tire. I just want the single sided swingarm using my factory tire. Any one have a clue as to where i can find a company that makes them. Not everyone likes the fat tire look.:laugh:

Hopefully, .oRg members can clear this up for me! I already did a search for "American Billet" and didn't find anything that applies. Basically, I was researching some prices and stuff on single-sided swingarms for my 2008 Hayabusa. I live in Florida, so all we have is long-straight roads and year-round sunshine. So having a stretched, slammed, fat, good-lookin' Busa is quite normal. Just wanted to get that out of the way before anyone starts hatin' on custom, show Busas. Anyway, I was looking around and I ran across several ads where folks were selling Busas with "American Billet" single-sided swingarms. So, I got curious as to why so many of the custom Busas had this brand of swingarm instead of C & S, Roaring Toyz, etc. Found the website for American Billet using Google. Got the contact info, since their website was not complete. Called the number and the owner said that he does not sell single-sided swingarms. He also stated that "someone was using 'his' name" and he gets calls all the time about these swingarms. Before we hung up, I did mention that maybe he should look into making swingarms, since he already had free advertisement. :laugh:

So, my question is, has anyone ever heard of American Billet swingarms, and if so, who actually makes them? I believe the White Busa from Daytona I posted about a while back had the American Billet S.S.S as well. See post "Baddest Azz Busa in Daytona? You decide!". Here is a pic too, but it's only of the right side of the bike, so the swingarm isn't pictured well.

This is a single sided swing arm made for Custom Sportbike Concepts in Florida the swing arm is made by HICKMAN you can google it. although the arm is well designed I have one on my Spider Busa pic below and have found the guts of the swing arm to be made from very poor quality steel and the bearings to be absolute ****. I have taken many hours in the machine shop to remake all the inner parts and used a much higher quality steel. The arm itself is made of 1 piece aluminum and is very well done. I personally love the look of this arm but after my experience with both the arm and the customer support of CSC I would look to use a different one of higher quality. Please take the advice unless you are good at making your own parts leave it alone.

spider.jpg

173.jpg

041.jpg

046.jpg

RAM Makes an arm for the busa that usues the stock tire size you will have to get new wheels of course. they have made them for many years.

Contact Charles From Street and Track about them he can get you one. They have to be imported but don't be surprised on the price though but it is a great quality arm.

I have one installed on my busa and one I just sold to my buddy sitting in the garage. The A.B. arm clearly says "FOR SHOW USE ONLY" stamped right under american billet on the bottom side of the arm.

you get what you pay for is not even close. the kit runs about 6 to 8k depending on options. you could get a sick OSD arm for that...

A Company called All Things Chrome has SSS arms too. and if you call and talk to Daniel he can hook you up with a beefed up version of the arm (see blue bomber zx14 style set up) that will keep the Jackshaft from failing under high speeds.

Note: you have to take into consideration that the bike makes tons of torque and by offsetting the force made by all this power and then transferring all that energy to a single side will cause parts to brake eventually. so this is actually a fact for all SSS arms.
and most of these kits can only use PM, RC or custom made wheels.
So far I have replaced the jackshaft bearings for ceramic bearings, replaced the sprocket due to chain slap due to the jackshaft failing before the upgrade, FA-11 EBC brake pads (just cause I had it apart) and the 45 tooth (108z) rear sprocket replaced it with a 108z/41 tooth. other than that no issues and I ride this sucker hard.

I have the Hickman model from sport bike king, and I also have the American billet model, they are the same arm however my sport bike king arm does not say "for show use only" ///and that custom exhaust on your mustang says for off road use only too right...:rofl:

I like the arm, it looks really clean the maintenance is easy and I would recommend it for the use you intend on using it for.
To each his own...
FYI they also make it in the 330 version and a company called eye candy cycle design makes it up to 360 but has the sprocket on the outside of the arm.

Do let me know what you get.

Damn, the money guys put into the bikes is just mind boggling. wish I had that kinda coin to spruce up my girl a little more.:beerchug:

FYI: go to "DGCustomsinc.com" I saw the new SSS they made and it looks sick. they have fitment on the 08+ models too.

:moon:

Back