Amazing Smart Phone Apps to Change the Way Doctors Interact with Patients

That would be amazing, but you have to wonder how much $$ would be "lost" if we're not the cattle we currently are in the system we have...would they really want to give that up ???

Michelle,

This is precisely what you will experience under socialized medicine. If you ask me, too many fools are going to the hospital for cold and flu bs that it clogs the industry with non essential and non triage or life threatening attention whores. The fact is that if you can breath and eat you will probably be fine. Now, if you start bleeding out your bum and or are vomiting like the Zombies on 28 days later... Get to the bloody hospital and do it with a quarantine suit. The rest can sit and twiddle their thumbs.

an app will aid in trouble shooting the common cold / routine aches and pains...better yet remove the event of drug interactions...taking into account a patient record + current meds. The bad thing is that a lesser qualified md will rely on the app and not use book case studies...just because the app said to do it...they will follow the request...

the apps are great for a doc to have patient files at the touch of a button...anywhere anytime...the end success is face time and keeping people out of the hospital

Hey, if we save money and lots of it then the government can spend it for us. I'm sure they would invest and not spend though! :laugh:

I am all for that but I am sure some would not like it because of the money they think they might be loosing. How many Dr's will give you a script only to have you come back in 2 weeks just to see how you are doing with it? It would easier for them to make an app and call you to ask a simple question, Is it working for you? That is to easy. They cannot hit you and your ins. for another $200.00 office visit for a 2 min talk. Greed is what drives most Dr's IMO. I have seen it to much lately being around some of the elderly people. I sure hope they start doing things like this but to be honest it will be very rare if I see it in my life time. JMO

Back