amazing optical illusion

That one appears to be gone.... the web site said "Not found."

But, here is one of my favorite optical illusions. This one exploits the way your eye detects motion to make it look like it is rotating. Trust me, it is not an animation. Whichever wheel you look directly at stops moving and the others appear to be moving. I have an old Japanese technical paper that describes the physiological phenomenon. And if you really don't believe me, print it out on your color printer and you will see that it still works. Amazing stuff....

optical-illusion-wheels-circles-rotating.jpg

But, here is one of my favorite optical illusions. This one exploits the way your eye detects motion to make it look like it is rotating. Trust me, it is not an animation. Whichever wheel you look directly at stops moving and the others appear to be moving. I have an old Japanese technical paper that describes the physiological phenomenon. And if you really don't believe me, print it out on your color printer and you will see that it still works. Amazing stuff....

that is freaky

Seen this before but it doesn't work if you've had a few drinks (don't ask how I knwo...)

Thats pretty cool.

It sure worked for me after a few drinks....:laugh:

No, really, very cool! My boys are still trying to figure this one out! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Ok that's cool - but it's not that amazing...

I can make the whole room "spin" ! No fancy physiological stuff or graphics needed - just open a can of plain ole Budweiser and drink - repeat procedure until the room starts moving!

Back