AMA Superbike Fiasco

bigoltool

Registered
I have been watching the ongoing troubles at Mid Ohio via the net today and it is just a joke! The track is too dangerous to run on in the Rain! But the AMA has a contract to put on a race rain or shine. The top riders are revolting and the two heat races had a bunch of local riders go out. Looks like heat 2 had 4 finishers! Looking right now like the AMA SBK championship is over without a wheel being turned in Anger. We'll see if it actually happens today but right now it looks like the main might be a bunch of locals! AMA is looking ridiculous right now. Go to Superbikeplanet to read all of the half azzed actions.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/newind.htm/
guns.gif
Ron barrick
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

The AMA is looking pretty weak...

riders have to revolt in order to make the AMA listen...

will next year be any better??

Mid-Ohio is a great track, and I've seen some great races there, rain and shine.  This is the second race this year at Mid-Ohio, and they wanted to try a different format for the final race of the year.  But it won't matter anyway in Superbike, since all Spies needs to do is finish something like 13th or better to take the championship from Mladin.  

rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

What is the problem I am watching it right now and the weather is sunny with no threat of rain in the forecast.
Thanks for ruining the outcome for everyone.
guns.gif
The superbikes aren't on TV until 6PM. I guess the weather changed pretty quick.

rock.gif

rock.gif

(coop427 @ Oct. 01 2006,17:27)
Sorry, bro--I removed the information from the AMA's website, which described the heat races (which I figured wouldn't be on TV).

didn't watch.. sounds like a mess though.

Good to see that Hodgsen did manage to put the duc on the podium before the season ended.

Whoever picks that fellar up with have made a good move in my opinion.

Jordan Suzuki maybe? ? ?

Who wants to bet that one of the Jordan zuki's (pridmore is the smart money I think) finishes on the podium atleast once (if not more) next season.

Looks like they all raced after all. I thought it was gonna be kinda lame without any of the factory riders out there but they all raced today.
super.gif

(pure_ego @ Oct. 01 2006,15:23) didn't watch.. sounds like a mess though.

Good to see that Hodgsen did manage to put the duc on the podium before the season ended.

Whoever picks that fellar up with have made a good move in my opinion.

Jordan Suzuki maybe? ? ?

Who wants to bet that one of the Jordan zuki's (pridmore is the smart money I think) finishes on the podium atleast once (if not more) next season.
If Hodgsen went with a team like Jordan-Suzuki it would mean the end to his career. I see him with a Factory Duc or another Factory ride in SBK next year. The AMA here is really screwing things up, BIG TIME  
mad.gif
!!!

Back