AMA racing information

dnstommy

Registered
I am going to run Montgomery event in June. I have never raced AM drag, but raced CCS for 4 years in the 90's. I mention that just to show I have racing event knowledge of tech and procedure.

Could anyone help me get started on information about what class I should run and some info on required tech. I will look at the AMA rule book and find the required stuff like safety wired brakes and oil drain plug. But I am looking for a quick run down.

I have 64 inch 2008 that runs 9.32-9.36 40 times in a row. What class / classes should I run with that.

Thanks all for the help.

You can run Street ET and all you will need is a Kill Tether. If you have a Power Adder you will need a diaper. You can also run in the Street Fighter class which is a heads up 9.50 index class. Most people in it actually run the numbers you do. It is alot of fun because everyone is evenly matched.

If you have any specific question tech related e-mail tech@amadragbike.com

Here is a link to the rule book. http://www.amadragbike.com/rules/2010/2010_Rulebook.pdf

We look forward to seeing you!

Does it matter what class I sign up for? The AMA registration wants me to pick a class and a number. The number for SET is 3000+ and the number for SF is 1000-3000.

Thanks for the info.

Back