am i in the wrong??

did it say anywhere in the box,fragile or care handling it?
ups probably throw those boxes around and if it is not wrapped good can cause damages.
have you talk to ups yet see if it was insured?
if you bought that from individual, you probably can't get anything accomplished with him.

good luck!

I know nothing of the details obviously, but it very well could have been an honest mistake, ie. he failed to realize the sprocket would come out of its location.

I know I shipped an exhaust to a member on a different board and I hadn't been on the board in a couple days. I opened my PM box to close to a DOZEN PMs asking what happened, where was his exhaust, I had his money etc. By the time I read the last PM he had said, "Nevermind, its here, thanks"

So give the guy a day or so to see if he responds.

Ultimately its his responsibility to ship you the product safely IMO, but he probably didn't think through the whole shipping process, tumbling around etc.

oh i dont think he did it on porpose at all, i think he just didnt realize that the box traviling ups for all those miles would be bounced all over the place.The sprocket was just not wrapped like it should have been and it came in contact with the wheel . thanks for all your help and replys, ill give him a few days, ive bought many many things and sold many things on the enet, and this is the first time something like this has happened so i guess im pretty lucky.

Post up his name and address, we will go knock on his door. :beerchug:

How did you pay for the item? If you used Paypal, file a dispute! You will get your money back then!

Or go after the shipping company, if it was insured!

Hmmm is it insured?I guess to play safe and to save all the unnecessary trouble in the end state is to remind whoever you are dealing with in the future to wrapped it up nicely and properly.

Give me a few days,maybe he is busy with business.If he still doesnt reply,deal with him with paypal.Dig him out from the forum,i strongly believe many here will help if he stays near whoever it maybe.Just your luck.:whistle:

i payed him with a check, still no responce from him. ill look on the box in came from what state he is from, it took forever to get so i forgot.

How did you pay for the item? If you used Paypal, file a dispute! You will get your money back then!

+1 Most guys on paypal are proud of their standings!

Also your the customer no matter what. I agree with most in waitng for a reply before any other actions. If he takes the low road and won't work out some type of deal with ya then.....it's just another lesson learned.

Back