am i in the wrong??

justa-busa-girl

Registered
ok long story short, I bought a motorcycle wheel for my busa from a guy online, He told me he had a wheel for sale with no scratches ect. i bought it for 190$ from him to put on my motorcycle, so it being in good condition was important to me. Ok i just recieved the wheel in the mail from ups and he shipped the sprocket along with the wheel in the same box and only wrapped the sprocket in light papper and it scratched and gouged the wheel so bad that it need repainted now... Am i right to tell him id like a little of my money back, or is it just my tuff luck, and thats the risk i took buying online? your honest opinion please i want to do the right thing.

Personally, if it's NOT what you ordered or what he said it would be, I'd send it back/ask for your money back...

Not saying you'll get him to cooperate, but I don't know that I'd even want to keep it...

Sorry that's happened...yeah, it's a risk you take ordering from private sellers :(

I'm not "experienced" with a lot of shipping under my belt but I would be upset just like you are. I would think it would have been packaged a little better.

It's his responsibility that you get the wheel in good shape...take pics and see what he says about the damage.

I would be angry too...I would ask for your money back and send the item back...If he wouldnt have skimped on the packaging there wouldnt have been this problem. Just tell him that it arrived in a condition other than described. It isnt your fault it came in a condition other than perfect

Get your money and send it back. Customer satisfaction is what matters.

It's his responsibility that you get the wheel in good shape...take pics and see what he says about the damage.
Definately take pics and send them to him and ask him to call you after lookiing at them to discuss what to do next. If you start off yelling at him it won't turn out good. And yes he should have packed it better or secured the sprocket and hub in place with tiewraps or something before shipping..

Good Luck

mention a claim in your emails if it is not resolved quickly...so you have a trail of your intentions.

What is their ebay rating?

If he described the wheel as having damage then that's 1 thing but you paid for a good condition rim. Either ask for some money back to cover your paint or send the wheel and sprocket back for a full refund. Was this a eBay auction? If so and you used paypal you can dispute the sale and come to a reasonable agreement. This all depends on your patient level. Good luck to you.

It's his responsibility to package it for shipping in a way that preserves it's condition during the shipping process. This is negligence on his part and you should have a right to a refund as you paid for and expected a scratch free wheel.

Be firm but don't be an a$$ about it.

Good luck!

well the problem is that he dont respond to my emails so i cant even discuss this with him, i told him in the email that ill show him pics of what the wheel looked like when it arrived. I didnt buy it off ebay, i posted a thread on here and one other forum that i wanted to buy a wheel. So mabey hes a member on here , but i dont know who it is. I would post the name but i want to give him some time to respond to my email before i make him out to be a bad guy, mabey he will make things right... but its strange he hasnt got back to me yet. i think i might just be out of luck

file a dispute with ebay and paypal. only way to get it settled if he isnt responding to emails

Give him the chance to make it right. If he won't get in touch or work things out then I'd certainly appreciate knowing who he is so I don't buy anything from him.

Sorry about the wheel.

Bust him out in this thread. You've seen what happens - there's always SOMEBODY nearby....

Give him a couple more days to respond to your emails, Alot of people dont read emails everyday. Now that being said, If you paid with Paypal check and see if you can file a complaint with them. If you did not and he doesnt respond you really cant do anything, But I would definatly put his name on here so we can see who it is and if there is anyone near by that might be able to pursuade him to do right.

Back