Am I Crazy? A Harley!

Roddie

Registered
Hello all, I am currently in a dilemma. I am thinking about trading my 08 Hayabusa for a Night Rod special. Any thoughts or experience with the Night Rod would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Roddie

Hello all, I am currently in a dilemma. I am thinking about trading my 08 Hayabusa for a Night Rod special. Any thoughts or experience with the Night Rod would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Roddie

Have you ridden one yet? They're quick for a cruiser, but quite slow compared to a Busa. I realize speed isn't the only factor when selecting a bike, but I think I might have a hard time adjusting to that. If I'm going to give up so much in one area, the new bike needs to make up for it somewhere else like touring ability, passenger comfort, etc. IMHO the V-Rod bikes would be a nice addition to the stable, but possibly disappointing as a replacement.

I was able to ride one yesterday and I must say that in comparison it lacks in power and acceleration. The handling was decent for a cruiser of that nature but I am concerned about long ride comfort and over all reliability.

Roddie

I was able to ride one yesterday and I must say that in comparison it lacks in power and acceleration. The handling was decent for a cruiser of that nature but I am concerned about long ride comfort and over all reliability.

Roddie

Honestly, if your main goals are long ride comfort and reliability, you could do better with a different type of bike. I've had my eye on a Honda F6B for a few months now. Something like that would be better than the Harley in both of the areas you mentioned.

But then If you just really like the style of the Harley (I like it quite a bit), then I don't necessarily think the V-Rod is a bad choice at all.

It's apples and oranges.... Apples are good and so are oranges, just as long as you recognize that there's no wrong choice. Just don't bite an apple and expect it to taste like an orange and vice versa. The night rod is super comfortable IMO and looks bad azz. It handles surprisingly well and while it's not a busa it's not your typical harley/cruiser either. For as heavy as it is and lugging a 240mm rear tire it still scoots.

I have a buddy that does a lot of long rides and he loves it ! He just put a car tire on the back so he can tour better.

Take the Fat Boy Lo for a test ride. You can ride that bike all day long.

image-1614231221.jpg

The Fat boy is probably a lot more comfortable than a night rod but looks wise there's no comparison IMO. That night rod is bad azz. You don't see em every day like most of the other harleys so they definitely make folks take a double take :whistle:

sold my '07 Fatboy for my Hayabusa.. nice bike but that slouched riding position made my lower back ache after a long day....i would buy another Harley, just not sure which it would be.

After much deliberation I have decided to keep my 08 busa. Its a beautiful bike and there is no cruiser that I could buy that would keep up with my wifes 09 busa. Thanks everyone for all the posts.

Roddie

I thought the same thing till I sat on a M109 and then sat on a night rod. The M109 has all that plastic crap all over it. Looks and feels cheap. Not to mention the night rod comes factory with Brembo calipers and a few other nice options that the M109 is lacking. It might have a more powerful motor but it just wasn't put together as well as the night rod. To me its 1 of those bikes that looks great from afar or in a magazine but fails to impress in person :whistle:

C - clamp position - not my thing... But if it works for you! you have my approval for the purchase :)

I'm looking for another bike to add to the garage. A touring bike if you will. Something I can put a Woman on with a backrest and bags. I rode an electra-glide CVO. Honestly, I can't imagine what people see in these things (in my opinion). I would destroy this thing or probably any other Harley! Maybe I'm an exception, I don't know. I've decided on the BMW K1600 series. Going from a Busa to any Harley (for me) would be a disaster. I would freakin' kill it. Did you look at the M109 or the V-Max or even the Diavel? Some people just want to be a part of the Harley crowd, and I'm not sayin' that's Bad. Most of my friends have Harley's! They're just Not for me, Obviously! Just My Two Cents....:yes:

My boss just purchased a bmw 1600gtl. Very nice bike, he loves it. His 03 Goldwing and 11 Concours are now permanent fixtures in the garage. Will definitely have a look into the vmax as I want a bike with a less aggressive seating position as I find I am having shoulder pain on my bus. Thanks for your input and that beemer is very cool.

Roddie

Back