Always Wear A Helmet !!

Ezz1r

Registered
helmet-after-accident-aftermath.jpg

Hope he had on some good leather as well !!

Death will take you when it decides. Wearing gear could keep it at bay a little long than by not having it. My personal worst/best moment.......hitting a car head on at 90mph, tearing off the roof, getting thrown back out the car and walking away. I had some rash were my leathers got pulled apart but lived. The gear helped that but I am positive that was not all it was. In my mind, it just wasn’t time. Always wear your gear. Never know what will happen

I always wear gear even on the hottest days..I figure if it is too hot to wear gear, it's too hot to ride. I switched to ballistics a few years ago, at least they are bearable with the panels out and vents open.

That helmet sure saved his head.

And keep the visor down. Today just seconds after lowering my visor after riding very slow thru some pretty corners, I felt a hard hit right in front of my eyes. Woulda hurt for sure!:confused::)
I have had that happen a few times and wonder how someone with a shorty helmet or no helmet copes with this...a big June bug hitting my helmet at even slower speeds sounds like a gunshot...

Allegedly from his brother..

His entire left side had nasty road rash.

As for other injuries:

Three pelvic fractures
Ruptured Liver
Ruptured Spleen
Internal bleeding from the liver and spleen
He also had a nasty black eye, and a noticeable bruise on his forehead, probably from the initial impact with the box when he was traveling 70 mph.

Unfortunately, no. He was wearing a hoodie and jeans, as I understand. We're all very aware of how lucky he is though. He won't have need for the proper riding gear in the future; he's decided not to "get back on the horse" as motorcyclists seem to say, as I've learned.

Years ago I rode a Kaw zi900 and did some "tweaking" on it one eve and ran down the rode to see how it ran. I grabbed my Bell Magnum (3/4) lid cause it's better for hearing BUT thought about the night bugs here in FL and put on my Bell Star at the last second.
I buzzed down a road and a guy in a GTO ran a stop sign and I t-boned him at a fast rate (brief brakes from 80 totaling the goat) and flew over the car tumbling onto the road. When I took the Bell off it was so gouged in the chin guard I knew I would have ripped my jaw off. otherwise just a rash on my right hip from torn pants.
When I got home I threw the 3/4 away.

Allegedly from his brother..

His entire left side had nasty road rash.

As for other injuries:

Three pelvic fractures
Ruptured Liver
Ruptured Spleen
Internal bleeding from the liver and spleen
He also had a nasty black eye, and a noticeable bruise on his forehead, probably from the initial impact with the box when he was traveling 70 mph.

Unfortunately, no. He was wearing a hoodie and jeans, as I understand. We're all very aware of how lucky he is though. He won't have need for the proper riding gear in the future; he's decided not to "get back on the horse" as motorcyclists seem to say, as I've learned.
That would sour me from riding as well....

My accident last year was my second in 16 years; coincidentally both accident were on a Hayabusa with the first being a copper 99. My first thought last year when I wrecked mine was how to keep my girlfriend calm and let her know I'm fine. My second thought was now i can get the Gen 2 I've so desperately wanted.

Fast forward to just over a year from my accident....I bought my '11. I'll never stop riding unless I'm physically unable to. Then again, a couple of months ago someone posted videos on here of themselves riding a modified Hayabusa to allow he, who is paralyzed waist down, to continue riding.

Back