Always do your Pre-Flight check....

Quicker Gixxer

Registered
Had my bike loaded up ready to go to Topeka....1st time on 1/4 mile track. Gave it a good look over and found this... snapped bolts on my hub. The last time I rode it was at the strip...so that's where it happened. How lucky am I?

Hub.jpg

No doubt... Brocks quoted me $1300 to ship it to S. Africa to be repaired...they said the CF has been degraded, but I'm tempted to just bolt them back up and see. Any thoughts?

No doubt... Brocks quoted me $1300 to ship it to S. Africa to be repaired...they said the CF has been degraded, but I'm tempted to just bolt them back up and see. Any thoughts?

I remember reading on bst's website if you ever have a problem with the carbon to cut the spokes off as close to the hub without damaging the hub and ship them to them, can't remember the price for sure but only in the hundreds to fit a new carbon blank. Anyway, I would contact them.

Brock's is just a dealer for bst right? They don't have their own wheels right?

I remember reading on bst's website if you ever have a problem with the carbon to cut the spokes off as close to the hub without damaging the hub and ship them to them, can't remember the price for sure but only in the hundreds to fit a new carbon blank. Anyway, I would contact them.

Brock's is just a dealer for bst right? They don't have their own wheels right?

Yes...Brock's is the dealer that quoted me $1300 to have them shipped to BST in S. Africa, repaired and shipped back. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it right now...probably gonna grab a stock wheel somewhere just to ride with for now...and decide if I want to drop that kind of money. I only paid $10,000 for the whole bike...with the wheels on it. I doubt I would have dropped that kinda cash for wheels had I bought it stock.

Back