Aluminum Motorcycle Front Wheel Stand

Its almost the same as The Woodcraft stands, However they dont work on Busa's and TL's. Cause of the way the nose drops down over the fender!

Woodcraft Stand

A little different then the Pitbull stem stand I have, where mine has equal (or near so) length top and bottom arms. Mine works just fine on the Busa, allows me to swap tires, pull forks, lower/raise the forks etc. Once I lowered I've had to remove the underchin panel, but actually I decided to leave it off until everything is finished, so its not a big deal.

Any one have a stand that works with the busa I want to be able to pull the forks off with out removing any plastics.

(CAT3 @ Feb. 14 2007,00:49) A little different then the Pitbull stem stand I have, where mine has equal (or near so) length top and bottom arms.  Mine works just fine on the Busa, allows me to swap tires, pull forks, lower/raise the forks etc.  Once I lowered I've had to remove the underchin panel, but actually I decided to leave it off until everything is finished, so its not a big deal.
Could you post up a pic? and maybe part #
Thanx

It looks a lot like my LP stand.  The only problem with these types of stands is that if you are lowered more than 1 1/4", it's almost impossible to get the stand up in there.

I've also heard of stem stands cracking because of the leverage, so i don't know how I would feel about an aluminum one.

I have a pitbull and it works great. The only problem I had was the pin was realy tight to get in without scratching the tire fender. I lathed off 1/1000th and it is beatiful. I am sure I could have achieved the same result with a file but lathe is way more fun.

Thank you Charlie (Cat3) that pit bull stand is what I will get, Now any board sponsors out there pm me price please!

FWIW, if you can't tell, my front is dropped more than 1.25" and the pitbull only requires that I remove the under chin panel, easy enough to pop 5 plastic push-pins. No fender issues or anything else. My pin has not been an issue either, however on one GSXR it was, and we found a slight bit of corrosion or debris in the stem hole which once cleared wasn't an issue anymore.

Back