Alternative to Tiger Racings $80 hump mod?

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Anyone fabricate up something similar to Tiger racings hump mod that i could snag ideas off of? Im probably going to go to lowes and see what i can scrounge up cause i think this is my next project. I just cant see myself spending 80 bucks on that.. sorry tiger...

(Pictures appreciated :thumbsup:)

Yep seen the wing nuts but i like tigers idea of the hinges and such. and i want to get rid of the stock plastic piece like the kit has

In a nutshell i want something exactly or very close to tiger racings hump mod but a do-it-yourself kinda thing and not pay 80 bucks

des-tgb13.jpg

Last edited:
To get toger racings design type....you will need to be handy in fabricating with aluminum and you will need to cut it and bend it...so all in all....if you dont have the tools....like a metal binding/bending table and atleast a cutter, minimum a dremel and some steady hands...$80 is easy to spend. You get what u pay for

Russell, my bike came with a Hump mod already done.. The previous owner cut a square in the plastic and attached hinges and a lock in the plastic.. Its actually pretty cool the way he did it... I'm sure a dremell would work..

yeah i think im going to go the plastic route rather than aluminum carl so a dremel will work easy. Im going to look for a harder sturdier plastic and cut it to fit and hinge it on with some camloc wing nuts holding it in

heres what i did with my hump....i just cut a hole..sanded down edges and i can fit a whole rain suit into it ( pants/top )...so i am always carrying a rain suit if needed and dont have to carry a back pack or something to carry the suit...i dont like loose items in the hump as to road conditions would beat what ever is bouncing around to death...and getting some edging to make it look better

101_0934.jpg

I know that $79.95 retail can hurt your wallet if you're on the down low. R&D and prototyping cost over $500 once the finished product was complete. But since I've sold a few since then, I bet we can help. Email me your shipping address, phone # and year of bike and maybe Santa Tiger could come early for you. PayPal $50.00 + $6.50 S/H and we'll help. This offer good for today and tomorrow only because it's my Birthday.
email and PayPal to: TigerRacing@buckeye-express.com
And if your reading this and you too want a deal, do the same. I'm feeling generous today and tomorrow only.

Guy

I know that $79.95 retail can hurt your wallet if you're on the down low. R&D and prototyping cost over $500 once the finished product was complete. But since I've sold a few since then, I bet we can help. Email me your shipping address, phone # and year of bike and maybe Santa Tiger could come early for you. PayPal $50.00 + $6.50 S/H and we'll help. This offer good for today and tomorrow only because it's my Birthday.
And if your reading this and you too want a deal, do the same. I'm feeling generous today and tomorrow only.

Guy

Damn, nice offer. I had the cheap plastic version with the four twist lock things and never used it because it's a pain in the ass. I did spring the $80 for the Tiger Racing one and it's great. I actually use this one. I had some black felt that I used some craft glue to stick to the inside of the hump and to the aluminum parts, works great!! :thumbsup:

Pretty EZ mod you can do for about 10 bucks and an hour or 2. Really handy to have the extra space.

Need a utility knife, but a dremel works wonders!
Tin snips if you don't have a dremel
Screwdriver
Small cresent wrench, or appropriate sized box wrench for the nuts you use, I almost always prefer a cresent... so versatile!
Cut out some small metal tabs with tin snips or the dremel
Gonna need 3 (2 keep the door from opening backwards, 1 locks it) of them approx same size. TIP: it's easier to drill the holes in them BEFORE you cut them out!! Drill the holes the same size as your hinge holes, so you can use all the same size bolts.

You don't need to have the little handle for the metal tab that locks it closed... mine doesn't work right anyway, and I have to grab the tab and turn it to open it.

Trip to home depot for a 4-5in long hinge and screw headed bolts that fit through it...

EZPZ, just make it look like these pictures! =D

Sorry, some of the photo's are a bit blurry, but you can still make it out.

Note the hinge side of the doors angle cut so it will open properly.
IMG_1297.jpg

Hinge side door open showing how the angle cuts line up in the open position
IMG_1302-1.jpg

Bottom tabs to keep door from opening backwards
IMG_1304-1.jpg

Underside of Hinge
IMG_1298.jpg

Guys has a heck of a product that has a professional look to it. And that is a great discount he is offering.

here is a video cap made of it in action.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty EZ mod you can do for about 10 bucks and an hour or 2. Really handy to have the extra space.

Need a utility knife, but a dremel works wonders!
Tin snips if you don't have a dremel
Screwdriver
Small cresent wrench, or appropriate sized box wrench for the nuts you use, I almost always prefer a cresent... so versatile!
Cut out some small metal tabs with tin snips or the dremel
Gonna need 3 (2 keep the door from opening backwards, 1 locks it) of them approx same size. TIP: it's easier to drill the holes in them BEFORE you cut them out!! Drill the holes the same size as your hinge holes, so you can use all the same size bolts.

You don't need to have the little handle for the metal tab that locks it closed... mine doesn't work right anyway, and I have to grab the tab and turn it to open it.

Trip to home depot for a 4-5in long hinge and screw headed bolts that fit through it...

EZPZ, just make it look like these pictures! =D

Sorry, some of the photo's are a bit blurry, but you can still make it out.

Note the hinge side of the doors angle cut so it will open properly.
IMG_1297.jpg

Hinge side door open showing how the angle cuts line up in the open position

My kinda mod!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guy

offer over, thanks to all who took advantage

Guy

Back