Alternative fuel rail screws?

Caithness

Registered
I had to drill out two of the cheese-metal screws holding on the fuel rail on my '08. As far as I can tell from calling around dealers don't bother to carry any parts in stock no matter how small or frequently stripped, so I have to order them in.

Is there an aftermarket alternative, like an allen-head bolt with the proper step in it? Or should I just order new OEM and use anti-seize? So far I haven't had any luck finding what I'm looking for.

Thanks

I went to Ace Hardware and got stainless deep set Allen bolts (metric section)....aluminum sleeves and washers. I cut the sleeves down just a bit and it works great. Take one of the stock bolts with you...match the threads and find a sleeve that is almost the same size...you can build an almost perfect match.

This worked for me.

IMAG0167.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

In having to replace numerous screws and bolts on the vibrating Harley, ACE is the "cat's meow" for anything like that.

I went to Ace Hardware and got stainless deep set Allen bolts (metric section)....aluminum sleeves and washers. I cut the sleeves down just a bit and it works great. Take one of the stock bolts with you...match the threads and find a sleeve that is almost the same size...you can build an almost perfect match.

That looks great. I didn't think they would have anything to match the step in the screw. I'll head down there and match them up.

Back