Alstare pull outta WSBK, due to lack of support from Suzuki japan...

Those who follow the sport can only come to the assumption (ass-u-me) that Suzuki is on it's last legs, which will further hurt them in the sales dept. Not because they aren't racing but because they can't afford to. Who wants to dump 12 -13K on a bike from a manufacturer that may or may not be here next year or the year after that. This can only be seen as Suzuki raising the white flag in the battle for supremecy in performance.

Hold on to those keys and bikes ladies and gentlemen you could be holding a collectable a piece of history,, soooooOOOO hurry your ars up and get down there and buy something we are freakin dying man!!!! :cry:

Bike sales are down world wide for all manufacturers. The idea that Suzuki is tossing up the white flag and the end is near may be far from reality. They may indeed be one up on their competition by cutting losses during tough times. Getting ahead of the downhill tumble and cutting costs where they can, in my view is very wise.

I did the very same thing in my business. When the economy went south I laid people off, stop buying new equipment and trimmed the fat everywhere I could in order to stop the bleeding. I have done the same with my personal expenditures. I had been purchasing one or two new bikes every season for many years. When tough times hit the economy and the cash flow slowed, I closed all the leaks in un-necessary cash and have not purchased a new motorcycle since 2008 when I purchased both a GSXR1000 and a Busa.

No one knows for sure if Suzuki is cash poor but one thing we can count on, President Obama will bail them out with your money should a company that's to big to fail need a few billion bucks to keep the doors open. All Mr. Suzuki needs to invest is a few million bundled into a donation to the upcoming presidential campaign! :whistle:

No one knows for sure if Suzuki is cash poor but one thing we can count on, President Obama will bail them out with your money should a company that's to big to fail need a few billion bucks to keep the doors open. All Mr. Suzuki needs to invest is a few million bundled into a donation to the upcoming presidential campaign! :whistle:

Or, get into the Solar Cell Business....:banghead:

KAWASAKI droppped out in 2009....

dropping out means nothing for market share or company strength it seems..

to me, this drop out means more R&D and money into new product designs and bikes targeted at more people.

CNN International reports that Suzuki will return to MotoGP in 2014:

(CNN) -- Suzuki have confirmed they will not race in the 2012 MotoGP world championship, although they are planning to return for the 2014 season.

The Japanese manufacturer had been expected to quit the sport completely, having already lost rider Alvaro Bautista to Honda.

Spaniard Bautista finished the 2011 season in 13th place but has signed to race for the San Carlo Honda Gresini team in 2012.

A statement released by Suzuki on the official MotoGP website said: "This suspension is to cope with tough circumstances mainly caused by the prolonged recession in developed countries, a historical appreciation of Japanese Yen and repeated natural disasters.

"Having an eye to returning to MotoGP in 2014, Suzuki will now focus on developing a competitive new racing machine for that class."

The statement continued: "Suzuki will continue motocross racing activity and support of road racing activities using mass-produced motorcycles and co-operation with the supplier of its development racing kit parts."

And World Superbike's website is reporting that there will be a new, private Suzuki team that is partnering with Yoshimura:

"Crescent Suzuki will be teaming up with the Japanese Yoshimura tuning company brand as it enters its first year of World Superbike action. Yoshimura will build, supply and develop the engines for the Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000 that will participate in the 2012 championship, as well as supplying race performance exhausts. The Yoshimura engineers have already spent some time at the Crescent race headquarters in Verwood and evaluated the development that the team have already made with the 2011 engine. The Japanese company will work alongside Crescent to develop the motors further and make them as competitive as possible in time for the start of the 2012 season. Crescent Suzuki SBK - powered by Yoshimura - will begin testing later this month with Leon Camier who was recently named as the first racer to join the team. His team-mate will be announced soon, as will further sponsorship and partner agreements. The 2012 World Superbike championship kicks off at Phillip Island in Australia in February."

Back