Alstare PepePhone Hayabusa?

Konad

Registered
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but I don't care. I'm looking to replace the plastics on my 07, I went down 2 days ago during a spirited mountain run with a few locals due to a screw in my rear tire :(. ~20 lbs in the rear tire + decreasing radius corner is a recipe for disaster.

I've read enough to know the ins and outs of aftermarket fairings and I want to know if anyone has done this kit yet. Its a Alstare Pepephone replica.

I've seen it on Gsxr1000's and it appears to be a love it or hate it paint scheme. I'm wondering if anyone has seen it on a Hayabusa, pics would be appreciated. Thus far I've had no luck.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Another thing that is important to keep in mind, my bike is a blue 07. Meaning I would possibly have to get my tank painted if it doesn't match the blue on that particular kit. And if I were to get it painted I would not be able to get a nice custom job that would flow well with the entire package, it would have to be a single solid color. I have no idea how that would throw off the scheme.

I'm sure some would like me to just buy it so I can be a guinea pig, I don't think there are any people around with a similar fairing setup.

Additionally I am attracted to this scheme. Should I turn in my man card? I don't know what it is, but with a white tank I think that could be terribly attractive.

Another thing that is important to keep in mind, my bike is a blue 07. Meaning I would possibly have to get my tank painted if it doesn't match the blue on that particular kit. And if I were to get it painted I would not be able to get a nice custom job that would flow well with the entire package, it would have to be a single solid color. I have no idea how that would throw off the scheme.

I'm sure some would like me to just buy it so I can be a guinea pig, I don't think there are any people around with a similar fairing setup.

Additionally I am attracted to this scheme. Should I turn in my man card? I don't know what it is, but with a white tank I think that could be terribly attractive.

Turn in your man card

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

:laugh: As long as you like it I say go for it and dress her the way you like her.. Some people like their gals dressed all black with a leather whip and some like them in a white. No right wrong choice here. Hope the plastics fit well. That part seems to be a crap shoot:thumbsup:

It's your bike - so you do what makes you happy, My personal opinion is that these are both hideous and would lower the value of your bike tenfold. But that is my opinion and is worth what you paid for it ;)

Jonny

Several people here have bought the Auctmarts fairings and they fit well from they said.
Skydivr is one. Let me send him a Pm and see if he can post any thoughts on it.

Your bike your choice. Personally I dont like the looks of a 'race bike' for the street but the design seems nice and should work well.

Man this really reminds me of the 80s. The BUSA belongs in a one or two tone color scheme. Smaller bikes need busy paint schemes to stand out. The BUSA is in a class of its OWN...keep it that way. 90% of the bikes on this site are solid color or two/tone for a reason...IMO. :whistle:

Hehe... The dogs come out when something isn't yet purchased, but when someone posts their gaudy as hell "show" bike people say "Not my style".

After contacting the company it seems as if they actually come with tank covers so painting the tank will no longer be an issue.

I really wish someone had a picture of either of these kits, from what I've seen of other race replica fairings they don't seem to quite work out on the hayabusa... Our bikes just have such odd proportions.

Gsxrfairings.com is actually the company I plan on ordering through, they have customer service based in the US and are a nice middle man between the customer and the China manufacturer. It really does come down to personal preference. Personally I think their less flashy kits are ugly, the flames.. The blue and silver, yuck.

Love it or hate it, I'm sure everyone wants to see it. Ordered today, should be on the bike in a few weeks. Stay tuned.

I ended up getting the Pepe edition. I couldn't do the white with rainbow. That's just taking it a little bit too far.

The bike is fully stripped of all plastics at the moment and I'm taking this time to do some additional upgrades. I wouldn't be surprised if I can recoup the cost of the kit by selling my undamaged plastics.

I have a set of Auctmarts on my GSXR1K (track bike); I had them painted OEM color so I could swap out with OEM parts as needed. for the most part, they matched pretty dang good with minor adjustments, and you'd have to have one to know the were aftermarkets.

Hehe... The dogs come out when something isn't yet purchased, but when someone posts their gaudy as hell "show" bike people say "Not my style".

After contacting the company it seems as if they actually come with tank covers so painting the tank will no longer be an issue.

I really wish someone had a picture of either of these kits, from what I've seen of other race replica fairings they don't seem to quite work out on the hayabusa... Our bikes just have such odd proportions.

They come with tank covers for a Busa too??? The 600/750/1000 have a plastic cover from the factory that actually covers up the top front half of the tank(at a glance the visible tank looks like one piece, when in fact the rest of it's shape is made up with a plastic shell)...the Busa doesn't have that. I've never seen or heard of a form fitting plastic tank cover that would allow you to change colors by simply switching them.
I hope it works out for you:beerchug:

They come with tank covers for a Busa too??? The 600/750/1000 have a plastic cover from the factory that actually covers up the top front half of the tank(at a glance the visible tank looks like one piece, when in fact the rest of it's shape is made up with a plastic shell)...the Busa doesn't have that. I've never seen or heard of a form fitting plastic tank cover that would allow you to change colors by simply switching them.
I hope it works out for you:beerchug:

Yes they do offer tank covers, see this thread for pictures.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/139417-gen-1-hong-kong-plastics-pics.html

As you can see they cover the entire tank with a small gap at the gas cap, which can be covered with a larger aftermarket gas cap.

Back