Alright Gents, ring in on tires

Garrison

Registered
I need a good cheap tire, Avon storms or shinko's are A-ok and it needs to get here fast, as in leaving for Indianan on Friday quickly.

Site's greatly appreciated.

Good and cheap should never be in the same sentence. Good deal is a much better way of putting it. A good tire is what you want when on 2 wheels, and what comes with that is a price.

Indeed. I'm not interested in running track with this thing. Just some decent sport touring tires, hence the Avon storm references.

Make a trip to your local Cycle Gear if you have one. Reasonable prices and can put the tire on the rim for ya right away.

Good and cheap should never be in the same sentence. Good deal is a much better way of putting it. A good tire is what you want when on 2 wheels, and what comes with that is a price.

+1

Same thing with the chain, don't by a crappy one, and brakes, and helmets, and gear and so on...oh, and definetly don't buy a cheap belly pan. :)

Just put on a set of Diablo strada's and they seem to be good so far.
Only around 300 miles on them so far, but they seem to grip just as good as the pilot powers I took off.

100_6538.jpg

Last edited:
Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pros! Very sticky!:thumbsup:

I've never used them but everyone I've talked to seems to get great wear out of the Avons. Am told they actually have a road hazard warrenty available too.

Aright I just put a set of Conti sport attacks on mine and I'm loving them. They grip great and they wear great. Cheap too.

Aright I just put a set of Conti sport attacks on mine and I'm loving them. They grip great and they wear great. Cheap too.

Dont they make a "road" and a "race" version of the attack? I am just wondering which ones you tried, I have looked at a set of these too.

Just got my 2nd Storm rear. Will be getting another full set this winter. Very good tire with excellent mileage! Not exactly cheap but not the most expensive either. Give them a shot you will not be sorry!

Back