Alpinestars SMX4 & SMXR boots...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
I have a fairly wide true 13 US sized foot and these Alpine models are wider and roomy compared to many other boots.
-The SMXR only goes up to 12.5 US/48 Euro...will these be too small?  Sidi has their sized 48=13 US not 12.5.
-The SMX4 have a 13.5 US/49 Euro, no 13...will these be too big?

Finally for those of you that have worn them how do they wear?

Thanks.

I can't help on the size questions....I will say that I got the SMX and they are very roomy. I wish they were a bit more snug. I prolly could have got one euro size smaller...

As far as the wear of the boot.....They are a great boot. The craftmanship and durability is top notch. I am very happy with these boots......I will say that these are my first pr of true race stlye boots. So I have nothing to compare too. I would buy these again in a NY minute.

DD

Hope this helps.

(Over_Easy @ Nov. 10 2006,13:24) I have a fairly wide true 13 US sized foot and these Alpine models are wider and roomy compared to many other boots.
-The SMXR only goes up to 12.5 US/48 Euro...will these be too small?  Sidi has their sized 48=13 US not 12.5.
-The SMX4 have a 13.5 US/49 Euro, no 13...will these be too big?

Finally for those of you that have worn them how do they wear?

Thanks.
I have a wide foot and wear Sidi's in a 48...in a work boot I normally wear
a 13W or a 14M
wink.gif

(Devil Dog @ Nov. 12 2006,19:46) I can't help on the size questions....I will say that I got the SMX and they are very roomy.  I wish they were a bit more snug.  I prolly could have got one euro size smaller...

As far as the wear of the boot.....They are a great boot.  The craftmanship and durability is top notch.  I am very happy with these boots......I will say that these are my first pr of true race stlye boots.  So I have nothing to compare too.  I would buy these again in a NY minute.

DD

Hope this helps.
DD,

Which SMX model do you have?

Wow, those are nice, I looked at those, but more race boot than I need. Although a simpler boot, I can get the SMX4 at $180.00 ($72 less), but keep eyeballing the SMXR as well.

thanks.

Definately.....I got a great deal on these, if not I would have gone a much more realistic route.....

DD

(Devil Dog @ Nov. 12 2006,21:38) Definately.....I got a great deal on these, if not I would have gone a much more realistic route.....

DD
Where did you get them from if you don't mind me asking?

(Over_Easy @ Nov. 12 2006,22:08)
(Devil Dog @ Nov. 12 2006,21:38) Definately.....I got a great deal on these, if not I would have gone a much more realistic route.....

DD
I got them thru a friend.....

(Devil Dog @ Nov. 13 2006,06:24)

DD
Back of a truck in an alley kinda' friend?
laugh.gif

(Over_Easy @ Nov. 13 2006,08:40)
(Devil Dog @ Nov. 13 2006,06:24)

DD
Back of a truck in an alley kinda' friend?
laugh.gif
You got it.....
cool.gif

I have the SMX4. I probably don't ride as hard as you do so my opinion may not weigh as heavy as others. I broke them in on a trip just under 700 miles in a bit over a day. For a female, I have wide feet and these boots compared to others fit me like a glove. I really like mine. But if you can't find your size, don't pay the money for an improper fit. Best of luck in your search.

I have a pair and they R Very Comfy...But I wear 12 in all my shoes so they may be a little snug for you....but they do stretch out...Mine r a little loose now but still Comfy!!

I have the perforated SMXR's and love them! VERY comfortable, easily adjustable- protection of a foot cast and the comfort of a running shoe. The perforated's make a HUGE difference, the only time I even think about my boots when riding is when I feel wind blowing over my feet- the ventilation really works that well!
The best compliment you can give for good gear- when you have it on, you don't even notice it or think about it. These qualify.

I know, I know, they are $259. Just think how much medical bills would be for surgery and rehab therapy to repair a foot?!?
SHOCKED.gif

smxrbootblack_main.jpg

Back