Almost ready for the Bash trip!

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys and gals:

I am looking forward to the Busa Bash this year.:thumbsup: I plan on riding out this year, and hope to be riding out with a few members to add to the experience.:beerchug: I cant wait!:cheerleader: I have been busy prepping the busa for the trip! (Reason why I havent been online much!) Blanca Boo texted me his Scooter trunk idea, which I thought was AWESOME! So, I used that to motivate me to come up with this method for me to travel with or without a passenger. I also asked a few of you about the Throttlemeiser too, which I ended up getting to help with keeping my right hand from being tried. (Great Product too! Tested it last night! WOW!) I also ended up getting a 3BR power cord too. (Thanks Blanca Boo for texting me about it!) Another must have great product! Kevin THANK YOU! I also mounted my Ram mount iphone holder and modded the broke ram mount to simplify the dash from being cluttered. The 3BR power plug is front of it. I road tested each item last night with Karen on back and it all worked out GREAT!

I made the luggage rack out of a used GENII Busa grab bar. Used the plate for the storage box, and mounted it to the Grab bar after drilling, tapping 2 holes to 8mmx1.25mm. Flattened the top of the grab bar. Then made a plate to mount to the bottom of the storage box plate. Made 2 plates to mount to the Frankenstein bolts and then welded on to rods to the plates. Cleaned everything up and then bedliner sprayed the grab bar and the rack assembly. Road test this morning and does fine over 70mph plus and then some!:laugh: The grab rail and storage box was gotten off of Ebay, was able to make this on the cheap.

IMG_0219.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

I can't wait to see you drag that knee (you camera ho) around the dragon with that huge eyesore on the back of your bike :moon::laugh:

Tim, I can't thank you enough for offering to tote all of my stuff to this year's festivities!! :thumbsup:

:laugh:

Now I need to get out in the shop and work on my Busa...

Can't wait! Let's leave now! :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see you drag that knee (you camera ho) around the dragon with that huge eyesore on the back of your bike :moon::laugh:
Karen said the same thing! It is removable with a push of a button, and then 4 bolts! So I dont have to have on all the time!

IMG_0226.JPG

Tim, I can't thank you enough for offering to tote all of my stuff to this year's festivities!! :thumbsup:

:laugh:

Now I need to get out in the shop and work on my Busa...

Can't wait! Let's leave now! :thumbsup:

Okay!:cheerleader: When are we leaving?:poke:

Yes the same one from the same vender but got it for 65 plus free shipping. Fits my fiancee's over nite bag nicely too! In fact had to pickup a few things this morning and it worked out nice.

When it's on the mount does it seem solid? I had a smaller version and it wobbled when it was mounted and worried me so i sent it back. Was a different vendor and probably different brand.

Thanks

Dibs on the next one you make after the bash bro:laugh::laugh:

And by dibs I mean Im gonna pay for it :laugh:

How about you grab it from Tim in person, when you meet up with us to ride to the Bash :poke:

:whistle:

I wasn't talking about his mount design. I ment the actual box to mounting plate latch setup.
When mine clicked into the mount plate that came with the box it wobbled. I'm glad to see this one is solid. I might order the same one. I'm going on a 2-3 week trip and need the space..

Thanks again..

Yeah chief if Tim build it you can be preeeeety sure it's solid, that boys mental about those things:laugh:

Which is why I am reaffirming my dibs:laugh:

You order the storage box to my place, send me a Gen II busa grab rail you want modded, and we can figure out the rest out by phone.....:laugh:

I wasn't talking about his mount design. I ment the actual box to mounting plate latch setup.
When mine clicked into the mount plate that came with the box it wobbled. I'm glad to see this one is solid. I might order the same one. I'm going on a 2-3 week trip and need the space..

Thanks again..
It moves if you lean on it, like a passenger sitting up against it with a lot of force. If you grab it it will move a bit. But it is secure. I hope I answered your ? better!

Back