Almost pulled the trigger today...

lil charlie

Registered
I was thiiiiiiiiiiiiisssss close (insert image here of me holding my thumb and pointer finger super close together) to pulling the trigger on a 2007 Harley Road King Classic. The bike is BEAUTFUL and has tons of upgrades and is a fairly good price when you consider it from a dealer and being a Harley….$12,000 for a bike that NADA says is worth $14,000 in average condition (and this bike was far from average). I know I could have a brand new 12 for that price or get a used gen II and turbo it but that’s not what I want for my next bike. I want a Harley 1st then a GenIII Busa. If the Gen 3 is not ready when I’m ready for another sports bike I will get the BMW. The ONLY reason I didn’t sign on the dotted line is my wife has been flip flopping on me weather now s the “right†time for me to finance a bike. That and I didn’t like the interest rate being offered. If the wife wasn’t being wishy washy about it I would have done it in a heartbeat. A bike will make me happy in the short time but miserable if it means upsetting my wife. That’s too bad….she really is a beauty, no matter what Bots has to say about Harley's!

You can have a title like that and not have any guns in the thread. :spank: :rulez:
Thought you were gonna say you almost bwastid a Zombie or better yet a liberal. How lame. :laugh:

Most wives never seem to Ever think of a right time for toys. I mostly consider her thoughts and then do what the hell I want. She hasn't left me yet!

She's thinking about it now saying maybe we can. The dealer also called me and said they can rework the terms to lower the rate....I told them I would think about it tonight and get back with them. What that really means is that I have tonight to convince the old lady I NEED 2 wheels again. Its been almost a year without a bike and its driving me nuts!

Im the only one who works and we have 4 kids so we watch out budget pretty tight. I showed her my excel spread sheet I used every month to pay bills...All we need to do is stop using the credit cards so stupid crap and we can swing it pretty easy. She's given me the blessing so now its time to see what the new loan terms are and hope she doesn't change her mind by tomorrow morning.

Just thought of 4 kids is exhausting,,, Dont know how you do it

There 6 total.. I have twin boys that are 19 and don't live at home anymore. In the house are a 14 year old daughter, 11 year old son, 2.5 year old son, and a 5 month old son. :)

She's thinking about it now saying maybe we can. The dealer also called me and said they can rework the terms to lower the rate....I told them I would think about it tonight and get back with them. What that really means is that I have tonight to convince the old lady I NEED 2 wheels again. Its been almost a year without a bike and its driving me nuts!

Charlie,i had a beautiful HDsreaming eagle fatboy yell-blue chrome 103 motor ,at first i loved it , hadent ridin in a long time,then i got onto a friends new Busa,that was it, traded the HD in for the new 08 busa plus cash,never looked back,two totally different rides.Good luck on what ever you decide,btw should i decide to buy another Harley ,never again new from the dealer,just to many used ones that are in fine shape out there for alot less,why lose all that money 10min. after purchase,most of these bikes are low milage and in perfect shape.

I've had both cruisers and busa's before. I want to have both in the stable but I promised the wife that the cruiser would come first. She hates riding on the back of the BUSA and it scares her when I ride it. She thinks its a death machine, I try to tell her its all about right wrist control but she still hates how fast it is. I love both bikes and love how both ride which is why I want one of each. The Road King I found is a pretty dang fair price, even from a dealer. I'm sure I could find more bike for a little less money if I went private party but I like buying from dealers because they warranty it. Im Afraid of buying a used bike from someone and have it blow a motor the next day.

I'm right there with you on the private sale thing..

Now, let's all just sit back and think about what you are doing... Are you sure there isn't a Suzuki or a Honda you could look at instead? Maybe even a Yammie.. Man, you know I like ya too much to see you buy a Harley.. :laugh:

I'm right there with you on the private sale thing..

Now, let's all just sit back and think about what you are doing... Are you sure there isn't a Suzuki or a Honda you could look at instead? Maybe even a Yammie.. Man, you know I like ya too much to see you buy a Harley.. :laugh:

Steve,

If you have the itch for a Harley nothing but a Harley will scratch it. I've wanted one for 2 years... I don't want it to be my only bike but it will be for a while... Next is buying a house, then another sports bike (maybe just a track bike).

If Honda made a VTX that still had the 1800 I'd consider it. If the M109 had a better seating posture and I I could get pipes that made it have that deep rumble id consider it. I looked at the latest line ups from all of the major players and nobody has anything that gives me a chubby like Harley. I'm not saying ill never have another Japanese cruiser again just that this one is going to be a Harley.

The funny thing is that I've bashed Harley's almost as much as you have. In fact I even wrote a paper on it a few years ago for my English 101 class. Showing how much better the jap bikes are, lol.

I've just been around them far too long to recommend them to any of my friends. That's all..

There is ONE HD I'd own, but it'd always be my second bike not the other way around. I can understand the attraction, just can't do it myself is all.

go get it today before she changes her mind.. the weather suppose to clear out and be in low 70's..

Back