Almost lost the Busa today

freponyryd

Registered
So its a nice day here in the southern part of Georgia, around 65 F, so I decided to ride the bike to the gym. While at the gym I hit a new mile stone for myself 275 raw on the bench (I'm 5'9 172 lbs) so this is a really big acheivment for me. So as I'm leaving (feeling really good about myself) I pull up to the parking lot exit that leads onto a five lane road including the central turn lane. I see an opening and make a right into the outside eastbound lane, Not fast at all. My lane was clear for approximately 75-100 yards before the approaching car, although in the inside eastbound lane was an eighteen wheeler maybe 15 yards away and closing. As I begin to go the back tire looses traction and I begin to fishtail wildly in my lane and the inside lane. By some miracle the Good Lord decided to let me and my busa live on to ride another day and I was able to correct the slide and safey get it in one lane. The first chance I got I pulled into another parking lot and pulled the seat out of my a$$ and looked at the back tire. There I saw some shiney slick substance I have not seen before. It appears that someone poured some liquid on the back tire maybe armor all or something like it in an attempt to see a motorcycle accident. And yes I always look at the roadway for slick spots from accidents or leaking vehicles and there was none. Also the drip pattern and the runs on the side of the tire suggest it was poured on. Now I realize being a cop I tend to piss alot of people off, but I dont make marginal cases or frame people and most of the folks I arrest tell me I'm the nicest cop thay have ever met. So just as a warning for everyone else that reads this there is an A$$ hole out there trying to sabatoge motorcycles.

Wow, thats grounds for a beat down. I was reading this and thinking about the last time I worked out hard and rode my bike. Rubber arms and sport bikes dont mix well. That is just plain wrong. It had to have happened at the gym, set the guy up and wait for him.

Whoever did that must be a moron! I mean, seems to me that could almost go down as attemped murder!!??

that's crazy. People can be real A holes at times. Glad you were able to recover:thumbsup:

Wow, thats grounds for a beat down. I was reading this and thinking about the last time I worked out hard and rode my bike. Rubber arms and sport bikes dont mix well. That is just plain wrong. It had to have happened at the gym, set the guy up and wait for him.

I agree! BEAT DOWN!
Posted via Mobile Device

Holy crap, man. That's a very odd one.

--Wag--

So its a nice day here in the southern part of Georgia, around 65 F, so I decided to ride the bike to the gym. While at the gym I hit a new mile stone for myself 275 raw on the bench (I'm 5'9 172 lbs) so this is a really big acheivment for me. So as I'm leaving (feeling really good about myself) I pull up to the parking lot exit that leads onto a five lane road including the central turn lane. I see an opening and make a right into the outside eastbound lane, Not fast at all. My lane was clear for approximately 75-100 yards before the approaching car, although in the inside eastbound lane was an eighteen wheeler maybe 15 yards away and closing. As I begin to go the back tire looses traction and I begin to fishtail wildly in my lane and the inside lane. By some miracle the Good Lord decided to let me and my busa live on to ride another day and I was able to correct the slide and safey get it in one lane. The first chance I got I pulled into another parking lot and pulled the seat out of my a$$ and looked at the back tire. There I saw some shiney slick substance I have not seen before. It appears that someone poured some liquid on the back tire maybe armor all or something like it in an attempt to see a motorcycle accident. And yes I always look at the roadway for slick spots from accidents or leaking vehicles and there was none. Also the drip pattern and the runs on the side of the tire suggest it was poured on. Now I realize being a cop I tend to piss alot of people off, but I dont make marginal cases or frame people and most of the folks I arrest tell me I'm the nicest cop thay have ever met. So just as a warning for everyone else that reads this there is an A$$ hole out there trying to sabatoge motorcycles.

Check your front tire too. Maybe you just rode through something.

???
P.

Kudos to you for holding on to it.

Blows my mind what people are capable of and how creative they can be. I have a feeling this person won't give up, and now you've proven to be a challenge. Good luck and heads up.
Posted via Mobile Device

front tire was checked and nothing.... I was in the gym for right at 2 hours and when i checked it was still semi-wet. plus if it was something I rode through it would be a light coating and this was a large amount with a drip pattern.

Glad you are alright bro. I think after reading this we all will start checking our tires before we board to ride.

Back