Almost lost the 9th life today!

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I was riding down in the back roads near my house today going around 60-65 mph when an idiot pulled right out in front of me! I made contact with their eyes so I was sure they saw me but then they pulled right out. Realizing we were going to hit they did the worse thing, they stopped. So they were blocking all my escape routes except the on coming lane. So I headed for the rear of the car in hopes they would pull forward a little. I was so hard on the brakes the back end lifted and I could feel the front starting to skid. I wasn't going to get stopped. So I let the brake go and headed for a field next to the intersection. I figured the bike and I might survive a crash in a grassy field. I don't know how but I cleared the ditch that ran beside the road and landed in the field still on two wheels and after some wild fish tails found myself in the parking lot of a church and under control again.

Since I know I don't have that much talent as a rider it must have all been just dumb luck. Like I always say when it's your time it's your time. The dumb driver didn't even stop. I must say though I don't get spooked anymore on the bike. When it was all over I didn't even have that rabbit blood pounding in my chest, you would have thought I had just ridden into that parking lot on purpose. I just patted busa on the side panel and said "Well girl, there's another great story we can tell!" The rest of my ride was pleasant and uneventful.

Glad it turned out well. Unfortunately that happens all to often and it usually turns out bad for the ones on the bikes.

Ride the bike and scrub speed until you can't ride the bike and scrub speed anymore, then crash or maybe not.. You stuck with it, kept riding and ended up with the "maybe not" result. Good job! Glad your day wasn't entirely ruined :)

Wow ur a better man than me. I've been known to adjust a sideview mirror. I'm such a bad example, but I'm working on it

If you believe it was dumb luck. Find a church tomorrow and count your blessing. It was a higher power that saved you again..

Good for you for staying cool, not panicking, and riding it off - fighting to the end. Looking but not seeing is so typical for todays drivers. Had similar experience just a few days ago... while driving.

I find that liberal use of my bike's air horn is very helpful in waking up those daydreaming drivers and preventing situations like that.

Distracted drivers should be :spank:

Willie, that is great to hear. I am glad you kept your cool and we able to slow things down enough to evaluate what you were doing.

By the way, it is great to have you back!

glad you have recently come back to join us and after this experience, are still here! :beerchug:

In life or death situations people sometimes can do things they couldn't in a normal situation, it's amazing. Very glad to hear you came out with no injuries or damage.

Wow! Glad you're OK and good to go. Talent or no, that's scrum that's likely end un-happily more often than not.

As an example, check the following improbability:
[video=youtube_share;yNbOh0N3BSs]http://youtu.be/yNbOh0N3BSs[/video]

Glad it worked out for the better...now for the lashing....what's the speed limit on that there said back road????and approaching an intersection.....for shame doc...
Next time you may not be so fortunate.

Back