Almost lost my undertail

diesel

Registered
This happened a few weeks ago....I got back from a long ride, and parked the Red Dragon in the garage. My wife who notices everything told me the undertail looked funny when we were leaving in my truck later. I went to look and ALL 3 push pins on the right side were GONE! Those, and the 3 pins on the other side (which were fine) are the only thing that holds it. It had started to come out of the tail section a good ways and some rags and stuff I had in the trunk were halfway out.
I guess doing wheelies and throwing the bike around twisties must have jarred it loose. Also I keep my camera and disc lock in there that must have banged around like a pinball.
Needless to say I now have bolts holding it in place.

Lucky your good lady spotted it in time , been thinking of getting an undertail . What one have you got D , so I can avoid it ..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I carry some spare push pins in the trunk just in case I notice one comes out. Always been wondering if those 6 pins would be enough...

Good thing your wife noticed it and you didn't lose anything!

I really like that undertail! Do they make one already painted for the 05 LE? Thanks for posting several pics, I think every angel was covered!
wink.gif

When I did my undertail I used S.S. round hex bolts because the undertail was not the best fit.  The bolts matched the rest of the fairing bolts and added a little contrast back there.

rear.JPG

Oh I almost forgot I had to fiberglass the nuts to the undertail so they would not turn. Worked well and looks good.

sm_Glued_Nuts.JPG

When I did my undertail I used S.S. round hex bolts because the undertail was not the best fit. The bolts matched the rest of the fairing bolts and added a little contrast back there.
What lights are those in your undertail? Been trying to get a set from Iceman, but I guess he's just not makin' 'em anymore. I'm looking for alternatives.

I got it on E-Bay From nycparts. The color did not match very well the L.E. Red and like I said the fit was not the best. But it only set me back $150.00, and this fall I will paint it the right color. But it did come with the red LED lights and clear lens.

Back