Almost killed Bambi

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
It was threatening to rain yesterday so I was just riding some of the back roads near the house. I see this doe cossing the street ahead of me. There was plenty or room, no worries. I start scanning the hillside she came from to make sure there wasn't another. All seemed clear, get on the gas and then it happened. Her fawn walks out of the tall grass into the center of the street. I get on the brakes hard. The fawn sees me and panics. It can't decide which way to go, it jukes left, then right, then left again. I can't take any evasive manuvers because I don't know that it is going to do. I keep full brakes in a straight line, but there is no way I'm stopping in time. I was less than a yard away when it made the decision to move right. I could have touched it as I passed if it were tall enough. It barely came up to the fender. It had quite the scare for someone so young. I would have felt bad hitting a baby.

mmmm, Bambi stew! yummy!!! :thumbsup:

glad you didn't splatter it all over your clean bike :laugh:

I usally worry when Im out riding when it gets late , all creatures small and fury come out on the roadside , even turkeys , I havent the pleasure of buming into one but I heard of horror stories of squirles sweeping front tire out. when the sun goes down I get off the Hills.

Whoa! Close call...good save and, even as an hors derve, Bambi deer is most succulent...never mind how I know, although Semi's stew idea has merit also! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Glad your ok Dennis, I almost did that just after I installed my HID. Dang deer anyway.

I don't think the little guy would have hurt me or Luci if I had hit it square. Couldn't have weighed more than 15# and was short enough to drive over. Couldn't have been more than a few days old.

Scary stuff. Glad you're okay and here to tell us about it.

--Wag--

Whoa! Close call...good save and, even as an hors derve, Bambi deer is most succulent...never mind how I know, although Semi's stew idea has merit also! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

We hunted SE Virginia and NE north Carolina when I lived there, and killed a lot of deer. We were in camp after a morning hunt standing around our trucks when a friend of a friend (guest) noticed a fawn walk in, and he killed it. We took the fawn put it in his truck and told him his hunting days with the club were over. :cursin:

Glad you didn't run into it, Dennis. We've seen how bad it can get.

Back