Almost got to play with a Triumph Rocket 3!

moondog

Donating Member
Registered
one would show up in Jasper, Arkansas! There she was, big as all outdoors, parked across from the Ozark cafe on a picture-perfect fall afternoon. This thing was massive, almost resembles a boss hog from a distance. The rider was from Omaha, Ne. heading home from Hot Springs, Ar. where he and five other Triumph riders had attended a Triumph convention. The old boy looked about 60, had the whole chaps thing going and really kind of reminded me of Santa Claus with a welders hat on. As we talked, apparently he became aware of my org. tee-shirt and started to look around for the busa which was parked across the street. Finding it, he broke out in a sly grin and simply said, nice bike....I just couldn't stand it, his buddies looking on and all...just had to say it..... ya know, that Rocket was suppose to run with the busa, shall we roll it on a few times? Never losing his grin he replied...nope, got to get on the road, home's a long way off....throwing a leg over big red. Oh well, I tried. Really thought I'd have a first hand review for ya all but gramps wouldn't bite. Anyway, for those that have not yet seen a big Rocket three, it's quite a sight. This is my edited, politically corrected report.....
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Those things look NICE in the Mags, Have yet to see one up close.

I test rode one a couple of months ago. It's comfy, and has good throttle response. Surprisingly well balanced and light feeling for such a large bike. It's still a cruiser.

if i get a cruiser, the rocket is the one i'd buy, mostly bec they have already made a good turbo for it, there was an artical in motorcyclist i think about it, looks awesome!
cool.gif

Back