Almost bought an '03 Busa today....

Houston_Rider

Registered
Hi,

New member here. I've been considering a Busa for quite some time (I'm on a 2k2 Zx-9R now), a friend and I hit a few places today, and I found an '03 in Silver...I think its more me, I like the Sport-tourer feel more than the Sport Standard I've got now.

I thought I wanted the black on black, but it hides the lines too much....The silver really shows up well.

I can get it for about $10,500 here in Houston....is there a better price out there somewhere?

Thanks!

Don
(not quite a Busa owner yet....)

Hey Houston_Rider Welcome to the board. I don't know were else you can go bur surly they can come down on the price a little bit more. Good luck You'll love the Busa.
Jim

welcome. If you can buy a busa, you won't regret it... as long as you treat her right, kapish??

You should be able to get a new model for 10k out the door, not including taxes. I paid 10,5 for mine last year, but I was willing to pay it cuz I made them go trailer from another dealer, the color I wanted. I am in the Automotive Fleet business, so I know a bit about paying couple hundred extra for the fluff treatment, can go a long way sometimes.
Good luck!

Believe me it's like going from a yugo to a caddy...I had a 99 zx9r and trade for the Busa best buy I ever made...  
wink.gif

H-RIDER
CHECK CYCLE TRADER,THERE ARE LISTINGS IN HOUSTON CYCLE TRADER FOR DEALERS IN TENNESSEE AND ARKANSAS,NO SALES TAX AND BUSA OTD FOR 8800 TO 9500
O2 CHEAPER,GOOD LUCK

cost on that bike is about $9300. Dont let them charge you ANY administration fees, dealer prep fees, assembly fees, or anything else. You DONT want pre-paid maintence. That's all pure dealer profit, it's all CRAP!!! CRAP I SAY!

The only thing you should get is the 4 year warranty from Suzuki for about $550, thats it!

Haggle the living F*ck out of them, because you're going to be giving them tons of money with helmets, assesories, oil changes, jackets, etc.. So haggle like a 15th century persian rug trader. It took me 5 hours of haggling to get my busa at the price I did, and it was worth it-

$9500 for the bike
$550 for the 4 year warranty
$600 tax tag title

Out the door was about $10,700!!!!! sw33t! hope this helps

Mike

Hi,

New member here. I've been considering a Busa for quite some time (I'm on a 2k2 Zx-9R now), a friend and I hit a few places today, and I found an '03 in Silver...I think its more me, I like the Sport-tourer feel more than the Sport Standard I've got now.

I thought I wanted the black on black, but it hides the lines too much....The silver really shows up well.

I can get it for about $10,500 here in Houston....is there a better price out there somewhere?

Thanks!

Don
(not quite a Busa owner yet....)
Hey Houston_Rider,

Hey man it's good to finally have someone on this board that lives near me.  I'm from Louisiana (Lake Charles to be exact).  Anyway, I bought my Busa from a dealership in Chicago called Champion Cycles.  The salesperson's name was Julio and he was cool.  I purchased mine for $9365 OTD.  I also paid an additional $500 to have Allied Van Lines to ship it to me here.  Took about a week.  Threw this info in there just in case you found a better deal elsewhere.  Oh yeah, click on the link below for Champion Cycles.

<a href="http://www.championcycles.com" target="_blank">
Champion Cycles</a>

Good Luck!

Brian

After saying all that I totally forgot to give you our Hayabusa.org heart-felt WELCOME! Sorry about that. I am the self-appointed Ambassador Of Goodwill, Greetings, and other sh^t like that.(hahahahaha)

Welcome and Enjoy,

Brian

Ooops! Maybe I should mention that I have the '02 silver/grey which I purchased in June of '02. Don't want you to get it twisted or nothing like that.

B.

I am with mike, HAGGLE. I got my 02 black/blue (5 months ago) for 8900 including tax, title, license, and extended warranty. It took me 2 hours of haggling. Good luck.

Thanks for all the responses, I appreciate it.

Since '03's just hit the stores, it might be a little hard to haggle them down too far, but when I go back, it will be with cash in hand, ready for the best deal. I've already got $1,000's of dollars in gear, etc. so I can't use that tactic.

mikeyusf - Where'd a get it for that price?

I bought my 9R for $9250 OTD (taxes included) and it lists for $9600 MSRP..... I'll keep searching, I don't think I'm gonna let a few hundred bucks keep me from buying it local though....

There are several Suzuki dealerships here, I'll keep ya posted....

Thanks for the welcome!

I got mine from Ross @ Barney's Suzuki here in Brandon, FL. Like I said, it is not going to be easy to get it at a low price. they will do everything, they will counter offer, make you sit for hours before they come back with a response, tell you that there is no way they can give it to you at that price, tell you that employees dont even get it that low, etc etc etc, you know the game

UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DO NOT PAY ANY ADMINISTRATION FEES, DELIVERY CHARGES, ASSEMBLY CHARGES, DEALER PREP, NOTHING!!!! THAT SHIZNIT IS PURE PROFIT FOR THEM, SO WALK OUT IF THEY TRY TO FEED YOU CHEESE!

This is what I did, I wrote down my offer on a piece of paper BEFORE I got into the dealership. Every offer they came back with, I compared it to my written offer. If it didnt match up, SAY NO! HAGGLE!!!

Cost on that bike is $9300, a price of about 300 to 400 above cost is fair. This is what I would write down before going into the dealership-

$9600 highest price
$550 4 year extended warranty
$600 tax tag title fees

Anything higher than that, make them throw in a helmet, jacket, 2 free oil changes, anything else you can think of. Have you ever seen what those deaerships charge per hour of labor? work their a$$ to the nth degree

Good luck

Mike

Take your time and work the deal right. I got my Busa otd for 11,200.00 with 2k worth of add on's

I had looked over the net a lot before I bought mine off Ebay.
Chicago Cyles have great deals, check them out.
Chicago
Get a quote... lots of used bikes also.
Kevin In Va.

Dealers in my area are selling for $9400 no haggle price. There must be alot of dealers in your area call them all and work them against each other.

I paid about 10500 otd for my 02 busa..I live in South Florida & that price took me a while to get. I had to play two dealerships off eachother. Even that was tough to get down here. I spent a full day of going back & forth to the dealerships too.

Back